Ex-Anzhi midfielder Gadzhiev joins Ukraine’s TavriyaSeptember 14th, 2012 - 8:00 pm ICT by IANS
Moscow, Sep 14 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Ex-Anzhi midfielder Makhach Gadzhiev has signed for Tavriya Simferopol on a one-year deal, the Ukrainian football club said Friday.
Gadzhiev, 24, came through the Anzhi youth system before spells elsewhere and returned to the club last season, making 23 appearances and scoring three goals. He was released by the big-spending Russian side in July.
His new deal at former Ukrainian champions Tavriya, based on the Crimean peninsula, includes the option of a two-year extension.
Gadzhiev has also spent time at Krylya Sovetov Samara, Rubin Kazan and now-defunct side Saturn Ramenskoye.
Tavriya have lost four of their first eight games this season, leaving the club 13th of 16 teams in the Ukrainian Premier League and five points above the relegation zone.
- Anzhi release Ivanov - Sep 08, 2012
- Dynamo drawn against Stuttgart in Europa League playoffs - Aug 10, 2012
- Anzhi stars upset at UEFA stadium ban: Boussoufa - Jul 12, 2012
- Jozy Altidore confident about Anzhi clash - Aug 20, 2012
- FIFA World Cup delegates visit Samara - Jun 22, 2012
- Russia launches anti-racism football taskforce - Mar 22, 2012
- Anzhi to play Europa matches near Moscow - Jul 09, 2012
- Rubin extends contract with Sharonov - Aug 19, 2012
- Lokomotiv Moscow release Stanislav Ivanov - Jul 11, 2012
- Minute's silence at Russian Super Cup - Jul 14, 2012
Tags: crimean peninsula, dg, eight games, five points, football club, midfielder, moscow, new deal, relegation zone, ria novosti, rubin kazan, russian side, saturn, simferopol, spells, ukraine, ukrainian football, ukrainian premier league