Everton sign Croat striker Nikica JelavicFebruary 1st, 2012 - 4:40 pm ICT by IANS
London, Feb 1 (IANS) Croatian striker Nikica Jelavic has signed a four-and-a-half-year-deal with English football side Everton, the club confirmed.
Jelavic moved from Scottish side Rangers where he scored 36 goals in 55 games.
The undisclosed transfer fee is reportedly in the region of 8 million pounds.
“It is a big thing for me and it is a new step in my career, a step forward,” Jelavic was quoted as saying by ESPN soccernet. “I am very pleased and very excited, it is a new challenge for me.
“The Scottish Premier League is not as high a level as here in England but I think it will help a lot as it is not so much a big difference. I think I can bring some good football and try to score many goals and to try to win some trophies.”
- Euro 2012: Croatia beat Ireland 3-1 - Jun 11, 2012
- Croatia dark horses of Euro 2012 - Jun 03, 2012
- Adebayor, Terry call for goal-line technology - Apr 16, 2012
- Van Persie likely to miss friendly match - Feb 29, 2012
- Euro 2012: Last-gasp Navas goal sends Spain through, Croatia out - Jun 19, 2012
- Park Ji-Sung switches to Queen's Park Rangers - Jul 10, 2012
- Bolton sign winger Wylde on free transfer - Mar 17, 2012
- Euro 2012: Italy won't cramp Croatia's attacking style, says Bilic - Jun 14, 2012
- Bayern Munich signs Wolfsburg striker Mandzukic - Jun 28, 2012
- Balotelli needs to change attitude: Mancini - Apr 14, 2012
- Barca look to avenge defeat at Stamford Bridge - Apr 23, 2012
- Barca look to avenge Stamford Bridge defeat at Nou Camp (Lead, superseeding previous story) - Apr 23, 2012
- Champions League win my greatest achievement: Didier Drogba - Jun 17, 2012
- Man City heading for Champions League - Apr 26, 2011
- Gomez extends stay with Bayern - Apr 04, 2012