Evans’ in contract wrangle with Manchester UnitedMarch 28th, 2010 - 1:41 pm ICT by ANI
London, Mar 28(ANI): Manchester United is having difficulty in persuading defender Jonny Evans to sign a new deal.
According to reports, United has offered 40,000 pounds-a-week for Evans to stay at Old Trafford, but he wants 60,000 pounds.
Although Evans has no intention of quitting United, he believes the club should justify Sir Alex Ferguson’s billing, The News of The World reports.
The 22-year-old made his United debut in the 2007-08 League Cup, becoming a regular first-team squad member the following season.
Earlier this year, Ferguson had claimed that Evans was “a natural replacement for Rio Ferdinand” at the heart of United’s defence. (ANI)
- Rooney fined 200,000 pounds by Ferguson - Jan 02, 2012
- Manchester United defender Evans sidelined for two weeks - Dec 27, 2011
- Scholes agrees to new one-year deal with Man U - Feb 24, 2011
- Man U turmoil to affect Ferguson-Rooney relationship: Experts - Oct 23, 2010
- Fergie relying on 'fit' Ferdinand for match against rivals Liverpool - Mar 03, 2011
- Rooney's new Man U contract contains a 'break clause' - Oct 24, 2010
- I was never going to leave Man U: Rooney - Oct 27, 2010
- No major additions to Man U squad: Fergie - Jan 01, 2010
- Ferguson warns Man U against complacency - May 04, 2011
- Man U 'retains' Vidic with whopping 18-mn pound deal - Jul 24, 2010
- Ferguson's overhaul plan puts greats under scrutiny - Nov 22, 2009
- Man U offers defender O'Shea 16.5 million pound contract - Oct 27, 2010
- Ferguson's 100 million pounds kitty to raid January transfer market - Oct 24, 2010
- Ferguson poised for 100 million pounds-plus summer buying campaign - Mar 06, 2011
- New England skipper too has his fair share of scandals - Feb 06, 2010