Evander Holyfield’s Wife Accuses Him Of Physical AbuseFebruary 12th, 2010 - 9:09 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
Fayetteville, Georgia, Feb 12, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Candi Holyfield, the wife of boxing champion Evander Holyfield has accused her husband of physically abusing her and has also obtained a restraining order against him. The former heavyweight champion’s wife has alleged that Evander Holyfield repeatedly hit her after the couple were involved in an argument.
According to the court documents, Candi Holyfield, who is the third wife of the boxer, has alleged that on the night of February 1, her husband hit her several times after they got involved in an altercation involving donations to their church at the couple’s Fayetteville home. Meanwhile, the temporary protective order that has been issued against Evander Holyfield, prohibits the heavyweight champion from being seen within 500 yards of his wife and the couple’s two children, a six year old boy and a five year old girl. Apart from being accused of hitting Candi Holyfield, the boxer allegedly tried to choke his wife and at the same time also threw a bottle of water at her during the argument.
Moreover, the 47 year old boxing champion’s wife has also revealed that this is not the first instance of physical abuse that she has been subjected to following their marriage in 2003. Candi Holyfield has alleged that her husband has hit her on numerous occasions earlier, the first time being just six months after their marriage when she was pregnant with their first baby.
Meanwhile, Evander Holyfield who earned the heavyweight title four times, has not revealed his side of the story as yet. However, a publicist of the champion boxer has reiterated that he has no information about any differences between the couple.
- Boxing great Holyfield's wife receives restraining order against him - Feb 12, 2010
- Boxing great Holyfield agrees for marriage counselling after allegedly beating wife - Feb 14, 2010
- Evander Holyfield, wife to appear on Dr. Phil Show to solve marriage woes - Feb 19, 2010
- Evander Holyfield cancels Dr. Phil appearance over 'dinner date disaster' - Feb 24, 2010
- I'll retire if I don't get fights: Holyfield - Sep 12, 2012
- Why do celebs lose their cool? Status-linked ego, say experts - Feb 25, 2012
- Ex-boxing champ Tyson to become a missionary to earn respect from his kids - Aug 16, 2010
- Mike Tyson becomes a vegan - Jul 29, 2010
- Holyfield says he's "going to be undisputed world heavyweight champ" - Apr 12, 2010
- 'I'm done with boxing', says Mike Tyson - Oct 28, 2010
- Evander Holyfield taught me how to punch, says Helen Mirren - Apr 06, 2011
- Boxer Evander Holyfield forced to move out of his foreclosed home - Jul 10, 2012
- Mike Tyson turns vegetarian - May 13, 2010
- Mike Tyson welcomes his new baby Morocco Elijah Tyson - Jan 28, 2011
- Cash-strapped Holyfield to fight Botha on Jan.16 - Jan 01, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,