Evander Holyfield cancels Dr. Phil appearance over ‘dinner date disaster’February 24th, 2010 - 2:19 pm ICT by ANI
New York, February 24 (ANI): Former champion boxer Evander Holyfield has scrapped a scheduled appearance with talk show guru Dr. Phil after their dinner date reportedly turned into a disaster.
While Holyfield said the time was not right to discuss his marital problems with third wife Candi in public, sources claimed there was another version to the story.
“Candi and I initially reached out to seek Dr .Phil’s counsel and we are so glad we did. Dr. Phil was gracious to open his home to us. He was a consummate professional and generous with his time. But we have decided that this is not the time for our marital problems to be played out on the national stage,” the New York Daily News quoted Holyfield as saying.
But a source told RadarOnline.com: “The truth is Evander did not like Dr. Phil and what he was proposing. He felt he was totally man-bashing him. Despite all of Dr. Phil’s assurances there was a big clash of personalities and Evander simply didn’t want to do it.”
The couple have been rocked with disputes since Candi requested for a temporary protective order following an alleged domestic violence argument, which she claimed was not the first.
She said: “In 2008 he choked me in front of our daughter and housekeeper. In 2009 he has hit me in front of the children. He has grabbed me in front of the children. A couple of weeks ago he threw a bottle of water at me.” (ANI)
- Evander Holyfield's Wife Accuses Him Of Physical Abuse - Feb 12, 2010
- Evander Holyfield, wife to appear on Dr. Phil Show to solve marriage woes - Feb 19, 2010
- Boxing great Holyfield agrees for marriage counselling after allegedly beating wife - Feb 14, 2010
- Boxing great Holyfield's wife receives restraining order against him - Feb 12, 2010
- Evander Holyfield taught me how to punch, says Helen Mirren - Apr 06, 2011
- Boxer Evander Holyfield forced to move out of his foreclosed home - Jul 10, 2012
- I'll retire if I don't get fights: Holyfield - Sep 12, 2012
- Mike Tyson becomes a vegan - Jul 29, 2010
- Holyfield says he's "going to be undisputed world heavyweight champ" - Apr 12, 2010
- Ex-boxing champ Tyson to become a missionary to earn respect from his kids - Aug 16, 2010
- Iron Mike's heart not in boxing anymore, says Holyfield ruling out re-match - Sep 17, 2010
- Gauri Khan to design couture penthouses in Pune - Apr 21, 2012
- Ashley, Cheryl reunite, plan to start family (Lead) - Jul 04, 2011
- Mike Tyson turns vegetarian - May 13, 2010
- Wife forced Schwarzenegger to admit love child - May 20, 2011
Tags: appearance, assurances, candi, champion boxer, clash, dinner date, disaster, domestic violence, dr phil, evander holyfield, guru, housekeeper, marital problems, national stage, new york daily news, personalities, protective order, public sources, talk show, york daily news