Ethiopia’s Dibaba retains 10,000m Olympic titleAugust 4th, 2012 - 7:26 am ICT by IANS
London, Aug 4 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Ethiopia’s Tirunesh Dibaba put in a devastating last lap to retain her Olympic 10,000 meters title in London Friday.
Dibaba, the double Olympic gold medalist in the 5,000m and 10,000m in Beijing, shook off Kenyan pair Sally Kipyego and Vivian Cheruiyot to win in 30 minutes, 20.75 seconds.
Kipyego, the 2011 world silver medalist, finished six seconds behind, with Cheruiyot a further four seconds back for bronze.
Friday saw the first day of the Olympic track and field program.
- Olympic 5,000m: Ethiopia's Defar stuns Dibaba for gold - Aug 11, 2012
- Olympics: Defar delighted to win 5000m gold eight years later - Aug 11, 2012
- Olympic athletics: Beijing Olympic winners retain gold (Lead) - Aug 04, 2012
- Olympics: Defar wins 5,000m gold again, eight years on - Aug 12, 2012
- Olympic athletics: US women's quartet sets world record (Roundup) - Aug 11, 2012
- Olympic athletics: Farah adds 5000m title to 10000m gold - Aug 12, 2012
- World Champion Cheruiyot says will not rest on laurels in 2012 - Feb 09, 2012
- Olympic athletics: Russian Zaripova wins 3000m steeplechase gold - Aug 07, 2012
- Olympics: Kemboi wins 3,000m steeplechase for Kenya - Aug 06, 2012
- Kenya's fall, rise and then fall again in London - Aug 14, 2012
- Olympics: US breaks women's 4x100m relay world record (World Roundup) - Aug 11, 2012
- No pomp as downcast Kenyans return from London Games - Aug 16, 2012
- Olympics: China's Sun wins gold in 1,500m freestyle - Aug 05, 2012
- Olympic wrestling: Rezaei wins gold for Iran - Aug 08, 2012
- Olympic athletics: Felix wins 200m gold - Aug 09, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,