English club Sunderland sign striker FletcherAugust 25th, 2012 - 3:29 pm ICT by IANS
London, Aug 25 (IANS) English Premier League club Sunderland signed Scotland striker Steven Fletcher from Championship side Wolverhampton.
Fletcher agreed to a four-year contract Friday after Wolves accepted an improved offer from Sunderland boss Martin O’Neill, reports Xinhua.
“It has been no secret that we needed to strengthen our attacking options and Steven has a proven track record of scoring goals,” O’Neill told Sunderland’s website.
Even though Wolves were relegated from the Premier League last season, Fletcher still impressed and got on the scoresheet 12 times.
He scored the same amount the season before, to make it 24 goals for the club in 45 starts.
“I’m delighted. I’ve just come from the training ground and I’m delighted it’s all gone through,” O’Neill added.
“I think Steven will be terrific for us. He’s capable of scoring goals and linking play which is very important to us and I think now at 25 years of age he’s got room to improve and really get better.”
- Sessegnon signs extension at Sunderland - Aug 31, 2012
- Imperious Arsenal go second; Spurs into top four - Nov 08, 2009
- Stoke City stun Tottenham in EPL, Sunderland stage dramatic win - Dec 12, 2011
- Manchester United bounce back to go joint - Dec 16, 2009
- Euro 2012: Ireland to again play on the big stage - Jun 03, 2012
- Liverpool, Villa, Arsenal post wins in English Premier League - Sep 20, 2009
- Chelsea thrash Blackburn to go back to top - Oct 25, 2009
- Owen joins Stoke as free agent - Sep 05, 2012
- Russia labour to beat Northern Ireland - Sep 08, 2012
- Sven-Goran Eriksson quits Leicester - Oct 25, 2011
- Barton stripped of QPR captaincy, fined - Jun 25, 2012
- Steve Bruce sacked as Sunderland manager - Dec 01, 2011
- Maradona eyes Aston Villa top job - Aug 16, 2010
- Rubin signs Malaga striker Rondon - Aug 05, 2012
- English club QPR sign Junior Hoilett - Jul 28, 2012