England’s Trott forecasts turnaround in World Cup fortunesMarch 5th, 2011 - 2:43 pm ICT by ANI
Chennai, Mar. 5 (ANI): England one-drop batsman Jonathan Trott believes that his side will effect a turnaround in their World Cup fortunes when they take on South Africa on March 6.
Andrew Strauss’s men probably need to win two of their three remaining group games to qualify for the quarter- finals.
On Friday, the team attended a compulsory fielding session at the M A Chidambaram Stadium, reflecting its grim resolve to put their slip-up against Ireland behind them.
Jonathan Trott, who made a run-a-ball 92 in that game but was one of six wickets to fall in the last eight overs while England added only 53 runs, said: ‘We have to play 100 overs of good cricket, especially when games can change so quickly.
“We were very disappointed, but it would be foolish to look back. We’ve got three very winnable games coming up and we’ve got to peak at the right time,” the Daily Mail quoted him, as saying.
England v South Africa
ENGLAND (possible): Strauss (c), Pietersen, Trott, Bell, Collingwood, Prior (wkt), Yardy, Bresnan, Broad, Swann, Anderson.
SOUTH AFRICA (possible): Smith (c), Amla, Kallis, De Villiers (wkt), Du Plessis, Duminy, Botha, Peterson, Morkel, Steyn, Imran Tahir. (ANI)
- World Cup scoreboard: England vs South Africa, Group B (Lead) - Mar 06, 2011
- World Cup scoreboard: South Africa vs England, Group B - Mar 06, 2011
- Tahir makes the cut in South Africa's ODI squad - Jan 06, 2011
- Peterson, Tahir bowl England out for 171 (Lead) - Mar 06, 2011
- India, South Africa will have plenty to prove (Preview) - Mar 11, 2011
- England snatch dramatic victory against South Africa (Roundup) - Mar 06, 2011
- World Cup: South Africa elect to field against West Indies - Feb 24, 2011
- Vettori wins toss, New Zealand elect to bat - Mar 25, 2011
- World Cup scoreboard: New Zealand vs. South Africa - Mar 25, 2011
- South Africa ahead on form, Kiwis count on Vettori (Preview) - Mar 24, 2011
- South Africa's World Cup squad arrives in Chennai - Feb 09, 2011
- Injured Kallis in, Boucher dropped from SA World Cup squad - Jan 19, 2011
- South Africa will like to leave the past behind (Team Profile, World cup Countdown) - Feb 11, 2011
- Strauss says England are in S.Africa to make runs, not friends - Nov 20, 2009
- Scoreboard: South Africa innings, fourth ODI - Jan 22, 2011
Tags: amla, andrew strauss, botha, chidambaram stadium, collingwood, daily mail, de villiers, fortunes, group games, kallis, pietersen, quarter finals, right time, steyn, swann, trott, turnaround, wickets, wkt, world cup