England’s dream Euro 2012 draw makes them 1-10 bookie favouritesFebruary 8th, 2010 - 5:12 pm ICT by ANI
London, Feb 8(ANI): An easy draw for the Euro 2012 has made England the favourites in the bookies eyes, who are so convinced of the Three Lions getting through to the finals that they have been immediately installed at an incredibly short-price of 1-10.
England has been pitted in Group G against relatively easy teams from Switzerland, Bulgaria, Montenegro and Wales.
National football team coach Fabio Capello did express delight with the draw for England, but vowed to take every team in the group seriously, especially the Swiss who are ranked 18th in the world.
“My first game was against Switzerland and we have moved along since then. I remember I was really happy after seeing the players in training, but it was not the same in the match,” The Sun quoted Capello, as saying.”They were not the same players out on the pitch that I saw in training. I think, when we play Switzerland again, we will show that we have progressed since my first game in charge - but it will be a tough match,” he added.
Capello further said the two games against John Toshack’s Wales will be the most intriguing, as their team boasts a number of emerging young stars like Arsenal’s Aaron Ramsey.
“I know a lot of the Welsh team - they are good, young players. It will be interesting. Derbies are never normal games,” Capello said.
“It will be impossible for us to play even one game relaxed. I was speaking to Toshack on the plane and he was telling me how Wales are a young team. Their average age is 22,” he added.
EURO 2012 Qualifying Groups:Group A: Germany, Turkey, Austria, Belgium, Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan Group B: Russia, Slovakia, Republic of Ireland, FYR Macedonia, Armenia, Andorra Group C: Italy, Serbia, Northern Ireland, Slovenia, Estonia, Faroe Islands Group D: France, Romania, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Belarus, Albania, Luxembourg Group E: Holland, Sweden, Finland, Hungary, Moldova, San Marino Group F: Croatia, Greece, Israel, Latvia, Georgia, Malta Group G: England, Switzerland, Bulgaria, Wales, Montenegro Group H: Portugal, Denmark, Norway, Cyprus, Iceland Group I: Spain, Czech Republic, Scotland, Lithuania, Liechtenstein (ANI)
- England qualify for Euro 2012, Portugal a step away - Oct 08, 2011
- Football friendlies: Argentina beat Germany, Brazil thrash Sweden - Aug 16, 2012
- 'Fit-again' Ferdinand still facing England selection battle - Oct 08, 2010
- Terry 'stunned' over commitment to England team doubts - Nov 13, 2010
- 'Injured' Terry was right to miss England's Euro 2012 qualifiers, insists Ancelotti - Sep 11, 2010
- Capello may change his winning England formation - Mar 27, 2011
- Comfortable win for Spain in Euro warm-up - May 27, 2012
- Rooney in best shape of season, claims Capello - Oct 12, 2010
- Terry is England's top man for World Cup: Capello - Feb 08, 2010
- Russia's foreign quota complicates my task: Capello - Jul 18, 2012
- Capello asked to improve his English - Aug 22, 2010
- 'Capello is a tough coach' - Jul 08, 2012
- Rooney kept out of England squad for Spain, Sweden friendlies - Nov 07, 2011
- Gerrard admits team facing battle to win back irate fans - Aug 11, 2010
- Capello seeks to rein in player bonuses - Sep 03, 2012
Tags: bookies, bosnia herzegovina, coach fabio capello, derbies, euro 2012, faroe islands, first game, fyr macedonia, john toshack, london feb, national football team, northern ireland, ramsey, republic of ireland, team coach, three lions, two games, wales national football team, welsh team, young stars