England opt to bat against West IndiesMarch 17th, 2011 - 3:48 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, March 17 (IANS) England captain Andrew Strauss won the toss and opted to bat against the West Indies in their must-win World Cup Group B match at the M. Chidambaram Stadium here Thursday.
England have made three changes to their squad. Chris Tremlett comes in for out-of-form James Anderson, James Tredwell for Ajmal Shahzad and Luke Wright for Paul Collingwood.
The West Indies have Chris Gayle back in place of Shivnarine Chanderpaul while leg-spinner Devendra Bishoo makes his ODI debut, in place of Nikita Miller.
England: Andrew Strauss (captain), Matt Prior (wicketkeeper), Jonathan Trott, Ian Bell, Eoin Morgan, Ravi Bopara, Luke Wright, Tim Bresnan, Graeme Swann, James Tredwell, Chris Tremlett.
West Indies: Chris Gayle, Devon Smith, Darren Bravo, Ramnaresh Sarwan, Kieron Pollard, Devon Thomas (wicketkeeper), Darren Sammy (captain), Andre Russell, Sulieman Benn, Devendra Bishoo, Kemar Roach.
- World Cup scoreboard: England vs. West Indies - Mar 17, 2011
- Scoreboard of England's innings against West Indies - Mar 17, 2011
- England win cliffhanger, stay in contention for quarters (Roundup) - Mar 18, 2011
- West Indies will be wary of fast-improving Ireland (Preview) - Mar 10, 2011
- West Indies name 30-man provisional squad for World T20 - Jul 19, 2012
- Strauss praises substitute players for win against West Indies (Sidebar) - Mar 18, 2011
- World Cup: South Africa elect to field against West Indies - Feb 24, 2011
- Bangladesh opt to bat against West Indies - Mar 04, 2011
- Ireland elect to field against West Indies - Mar 11, 2011
- Netherlands elect to field against West Indies - Feb 28, 2011
- West Indies to bat against Pakistan - Mar 23, 2011
- India opt to bat against West Indies - Mar 20, 2011
- England pegged to 243 by West Indies (Lead) - Mar 17, 2011
- Temperamental Benn among 30 probables for World T20 - Jul 19, 2012
- Pakistan unpredictable, West Indies inconsistent (Preview) - Mar 22, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,