England name Amjad, Rashid in Test squadDecember 7th, 2008 - 8:32 pm ICT by IANS
London, Dec 7 (IANS) England have added fast bowler Amjad Khan and leg-spinner Adil Rashid in their squad for the Test series in India.Khan will replace Sidebottom, who suffered a side strain during the aborted one-day leg of the tour.
Yorkshire spinner Rashid will travel with the squad as back-up.
England squad remain in Abu Dhabi while the England and Wales Cricket Board’s (ECB) security experts evaluate the situation in India.
The squad is expected to be briefed on the findings of the security team before the players are given time to reach individual decisions on whether to return to India for the two-Test series.
Giles Clarke, the chairman of the ECB, reiterated the importance of the tour.
“It is very important for cricket that we play these games if we can,” Clarke was quoted as saying in The Times, London.
“My understanding is there have been sensible and constructive talks. At this moment in time nothing has transpired that will cause a major problem, but there is still work to be done.
“I am well aware the population of India and the Barmy Army, in their various guises, are extremely keen for these games to proceed, and we are determined not to let terrorism do the game of cricket down.”
- Adil Rashid to replace Yardy in England squad - Mar 24, 2011
- Pirate websites biggest threat for cricket: ECB - Jan 27, 2012
- England to call former cricketers for World No.1 celebrations - Aug 18, 2011
- England not to be neutral venue for Pakistan - Sep 12, 2010
- Kaneria's participation in Pak's tour of England ICC's concern: ECB - Jun 06, 2010
- India and England cricket boards to celebrate 100th Test - Jul 20, 2011
- Adil Rashid to replace Yardy in England WC squad - Mar 24, 2011
- England must dominate all forms of game to be declared a great team: Pringle - Jan 09, 2011
- Gambhir, Yuvraj ruled out from West Indies series - May 27, 2011
- ECB convicts Kaneria of spot-fixing - Jun 22, 2012
- Six changes in India squad for England, Sehwag to join later - Jul 02, 2011
- The Ashes 2010: Ten reasons why England retained the urn - Dec 30, 2010
- India will have to bowl a lot better to win ODI series: Akram - Aug 29, 2011
- MacGill returns to cricket with Big Bash League - Dec 02, 2011
- Smith excited about Tahir's presence in ODI squad - Jan 11, 2011