England must win four matches to lift World Cup: CollingwoodMarch 14th, 2011 - 6:20 pm ICT by ANI
London, Mar 14 (ANI): After facing humiliating defeats against Ireland and Bangladesh, England cricketer Paul Collingwood has expressed hope that his team will win four matches to establish victory in the World Cup.
“You don’t often get in a position where you have to win four games to win a World Cup and that is how we have to look at it,” the Daily Mail quoted ed Collingwood, as saying.
“We were close to going out of the World Twenty20 last year and all of a sudden we got through and pretty much clicked to go on and win it. Hopefully it will happen again,” he added.
England, which would take up West Indies on Thursday, is expected to face a realistic challenge.
Collingwood also said that he wants to carry on playing limited overs cricket for England beyond this World Cup even if it is believed that England’s defeat on Thursday would bring his international career to an end.
Earlier, England lost to Bangladesh by two wickets in the 28th match of the ICC World Cup tournament. (ANI)
- Collingwood has no plans to retire - Mar 14, 2011
- West Indies wary of England backlash - Mar 15, 2011
- ICC U-19 World Cup: India-Pakistan clash for place in semis - Aug 19, 2012
- World Cup: Bangladesh put celebrations on hold till quarter final - Mar 16, 2011
- ICC Cricket World Cup warm-up fixture schedule announced - Aug 20, 2010
- England face the heat in must-win game against West Indies (Preview) - Mar 16, 2011
- England face stern test against South Africa (Preview) - Mar 05, 2011
- Collingwood hopes T20 victory will spur England to dominate world cricket - May 19, 2010
- Strauss praises substitute players for win against West Indies (Sidebar) - Mar 18, 2011
- Dutch lament reduction of teams in World Cup - Mar 02, 2011
- All is not lost for England: Collingwood - Mar 04, 2011
- Strauss hopeful of positive result - Mar 05, 2011
- Ashwin, Raina likely to play against West Indies (Preview) - Mar 19, 2011
- West Indies will be wary of fast-improving Ireland (Preview) - Mar 10, 2011
- Bangladesh banks on its Tigers to roar again - Mar 13, 2011
Tags: bangladesh, collingwood, cricketer, daily mail, england, four games, icc world cup, international career, ireland, limited overs, london, match, overs cricket, victory, west indies, wickets, world cup tournament