England fined for slow over-rate in ChennaiDecember 24th, 2008 - 6:42 pm ICT by ANI
Dubai, Dec 24 (ANI): The England team was fined for maintaining a slow over-rate during its six-wicket defeat against India in the first Test played in Chennai between 11 and 15 December.
Jeff Crowe of the Emirates Elite Panel of ICC Match Referees imposed the fines after Kevin Pietersens side was ruled to be one over short of its target when time allowances were taken into consideration.
In accordance with the ICC Code of Conduct regulations governing over-rate penalties, players are fined five per cent of their match fees for every over their side fails to bowl in the allotted time, with the captain fined double that amount.
As such, Pietersen was fined 10 per cent of his match fee while his players received five per cent fines.
The offence is contrary to Section J of the ICC Code of Conduct which relates to slow over-rates. For such offences, the decision of the ICC match referee is final and binding.
Only when the over-rate is more than five overs short of the minimum overs required in a Test match is the captain charged with a Level 2 offence. (ANI)
- India fined for slow over-rate in second Test - Jul 03, 2011
- Sri Lanka fined for slow over-rate in fifth ODI - Aug 05, 2012
- India fined for slow over-rate in Cape Town Test - Jan 06, 2011
- Pakistan fined for slow over rate against Sri Lanka - Feb 27, 2011
- West Indies fined for slow over-rate in Barbados - May 11, 2010
- Sammy slapped with fine for Windies slow over-rate - May 23, 2012
- Tim Bresnan reprimanded, Strauss fined for slow over-rate against India - Feb 28, 2011
- India fined for slow over rate - Aug 29, 2010
- England fined for slow over-rate in Lord's Test - Jul 22, 2009
- Dhoni banned 1 match for slow over rate - Feb 19, 2012
- Bresnan reprimanded for breaching ICC Code of Conduct - Feb 28, 2011
- Australia fined for slow over-rate in Champions Trophy semi-final - Oct 04, 2009
- Australia fined for slow over-rate in Mohali ODI - Nov 03, 2009
- Champions Trophy: Australia fined for slow over rate - Oct 04, 2009
- England fined for slow over-rate in Johannesburg Test - Jan 18, 2010