England desperately needs a manager: RobbenMarch 1st, 2012 - 8:27 pm ICT by IANS
London, March 1 (IANS) Dutch star Arjen Robben feels that England’s Football Association (FA) should quickly find a replacement for Fabio Capello, who resigned last month.
Arjen Robben, who struck in the Netherlands 3-2 win over England at the Wembley Wedensday night, said the FA’s priority should be to appoint a manager immediately.
Stuart Pearce’s side had fought back from two goals down but suffered their first defeat since November 2010.
With only four months left for the Euro 2012, Bayern Munich winger Robben feels FA need to get their new boss in place soon to put plans in place.
“There is always some excitement and drama with England. Of course it is very important (for the manager) to work with a team and build on it. I think quite a few players were missing (against Holland). They have great potential. They have great individual players,” said Robben.
Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp is tipped to be England’s next manager remains the favourite for the job.
With a real chance of all four Premier League clubs bowing out of the Champions League before the quarter-finals for the first time in 16 years, the ex-Chelsea star feels the league is still very strong.
“At the moment in the Champions League you see some teams having difficulties. But I think it is still a strong league and I had a great time here. It was great to be back in England, great to be back here at Wembley. It was lovely to play against England and it was a good game,” he said.
- Robben's brace gives Holland 3-2 win over England - Mar 01, 2012
- Hodgson set to be named as England football manager - Apr 30, 2012
- Injury scare for Huntelaar after clash at Wembley - Mar 02, 2012
- Capello resigns, Stuart checks in as caretaker England boss - Feb 09, 2012
- England FA sees Tottenham boss Redknapp as one of Capello's successors - Dec 06, 2010
- Villas-Boas appointed Tottenham manager - Jul 03, 2012
- Spalletti backs Guardiola, Semak for Russia post - Jul 11, 2012
- I want to be England captain: Gerrad - Feb 26, 2012
- Parker to captain England against Holland - Feb 29, 2012
- Roy Hodgson to take over as England soccer manager - May 02, 2012
- Rooney won't play Euro 2012, Olympics: FA - Apr 22, 2012
- Capello resigns as England manager - Feb 09, 2012
- Bayern to miss Robben, Kroos in Champions League clash at City - Dec 07, 2011
- Lampard backs uncle Redknapp to be England's next boss - Nov 06, 2010
- Rooney kept out of England squad for Spain, Sweden friendlies - Nov 07, 2011
Tags: arjen robben, bayern munich, champions league, dutch star, euro 2012, fabio capello, football association, four months, good game, great potential, great time, harry redknapp, london march, march 1, new boss, premier league clubs, quarter finals, stuart pearce, wedensday night, winger