Elvis Presley’’s peacock jumpsuit sells for a record $300kAugust 9th, 2008 - 1:43 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Aug 9 (ANI): Legendry popking Elvis Presleys famous peacock jumpsuit, which was used by him on stage, has fetched a whopping 300,000 dollars after it was sold at an auction in New York.
Presley donned the costume embroidered with blue and gold for the cover of his hit album Promise Land.
The record-breaking auction price is the highest price ever paid for a piece of the pop kings memorabilia, reports Contactmusic.
Meanwhile, the rockers Can””t Help Falling In Love has been voted the love song that can best describe the feelings of lovebirds, according to a survey. (ANI)
- Elvis' bible sold - Sep 10, 2012
- Michael Jackson's Swarovski glove up for grabs - Aug 17, 2010
- Princess Diana's 'Fuschia Pink Evening Dress' fetches $205K - Oct 20, 2010
- Johnny Cash Jumpsuit Ropes In $50,000 At Auction - Dec 11, 2010
- MJ, Elvis Presley, Britney Spears outfits up for grabs - Mar 03, 2010
- MJ's crystal-studded glove fetches $190,000 - Jun 28, 2010
- Elvis Presley's piano expected to fetch $1 mn - Mar 16, 2009
- No takers for Elvis Presley's hair - Feb 27, 2010
- Elvis Presleys blue-and-gold jumpsuit up for grabs - Mar 17, 2009
- Elvis Presley's autopsy tools to be auctioned - Jul 22, 2010
- Elvis a superstar for the record books - Jan 05, 2010
- Presley's crypt for sale - May 29, 2012
- Elvis Presley's memoirs to be up for grabs - Jul 26, 2010
- Blagojevich Auction Held, Lifesize Elvis Sold As Campaign Fund Stops Paying Storage - Aug 21, 2010
- Macca's memorabilia to go under the hammer - Oct 08, 2010