Elvis look-alike marble head fetches PS24,000October 16th, 2008 - 6:23 pm ICT by ANI
London, Oct 16 (ANI): A Roman marble head that looks like King of Rock n Roll Elvis Presley sold for a whopping 24,000 pounds at auction on October 15.
The 13-inches marble figure had come from a 2nd century AD sarcophagus.
The head was later bought by an unnamed collector at a Bonhams sale in London.
It bears an uncanny likeness to Elvis. Its the quiff that does it. It wasnt a hairstyle of the day as far as I know, the Daily Express quoted Antiquities specialist Georgiana Aitken as saying. (ANI)
- 2,000-year-old lamp sells for 445,000 pounds - Jan 22, 2011
- Elvis' bible sold - Sep 10, 2012
- Men love Elvis' quiff but women go gaga over Brad Pitt's crew cut - Mar 02, 2010
- No takers for Elvis Presley's hair - Feb 27, 2010
- Indian artist's painting fetches $300,000 in US auction - Apr 02, 2012
- Elvis Presley's memoirs to be up for grabs - Jul 26, 2010
- Moss nude portrait sells for 16,250 pounds - Nov 20, 2011
- Clump of Elvis Presley's hair fetches $18,300 at auction - Oct 19, 2009
- The 1800-year-old Roman bust that looks just like Elvis! - Jul 23, 2008
- Elvis Mercedes to be auctioned - Sep 15, 2010
- 'Wedding gift' Chinese vases auctioned for 500,000 pounds - Aug 01, 2010
- Mr. Potato Head Pays Tribute To The Legendary Elvis Presley - Jun 10, 2010
- Critics slam likeness of Wills, Kate on new commemorative coin - Dec 24, 2010
- Elvis Presley The New Mr. Potato Head Toy To Be Released - Jun 10, 2010
- Sly's 'Expendables' truck sold for $132K at auction - Jan 25, 2011