Ellis Hobbs Suffers A Neck Injury, Philadelphia Eagles Waiting For MRI ReportNovember 22nd, 2010 - 8:39 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
Nov 22, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Philadelphia Eagles’ quarterback Ellis Hobbs suffered an injury on his neck and he was taken off the field on Sunday night while the team was playing an important match against New York Giants last night in Lincoln Financial Field. The eyewitnesses reported that Ellis Hobbs was taken off then field on a stretcher after he injured himself while taking a hit to the helmet on a kickoff return in the second half of the game. While he was taken out of the field, he looked at the crowd and gave a thumbs up with his both hands.
Owing to his injury Ellis Hobbs missed his 9 final games as his neck injury required surgery and because of that he will have to take rest as well. The eyewitnesses report that Ellis Hobbs was down on the field for 11 minutes and the crowd, who were cheering for their favorite teams fell silent as the player fell on the ground. The entire Philadelphia Eagles team came on the ground to see Ellis Hobbs and even medical personnel came in to treat him as well. The team announced later that the quarterback had full extremities but his X-ray reports were negative. Philadelphia Eagles won against New York Giants and the coach of the former team Andy Reid said that Ellis Hobbs would go MRI exam on Monday.
Dimitri Patterson, the corner-back of Philadelphia Eagle4s said that many things go through the head of a player while playing a game but at the end of the day “it’s just a game”. Darryl Tapp, the defensive of the team said that an injury is an ugly part of a game and nobody wants to see that. Andy Reid said after suffering an injury Ellis Hobbs wanted to get up and play but he could not and the former asked him to trust the people who were treating him. Dimitri Patterson said that everybody in the team is concerned about him.
- Darryl Tapp Traded To Philadelphia Eagles - Mar 17, 2010
- It's Chicago Bears Vs Philadelphia Eagles today - Nov 07, 2011
- Kevin Kolb Vs. Carson Palmer Who Will Take His Team To Glory - Aug 20, 2010
- Mike Patterson hospitalized after collapsing during training - Aug 03, 2011
- DeSean Jackson Leads Philadelphia Eagles' Victory Over Dallas Cowboys - Dec 13, 2010
- Donovan McNabb Traded To Washington Redskins - Apr 05, 2010
- Donovan McNabb Excited To Play For Washington-Redskins - Apr 06, 2010
- Leonard Weaver Suffers Injury In Left Knee - Sep 13, 2010
- Philadelphia Eagles Releases Running Back Brian Westbrook - Feb 24, 2010
- Michael Vick's Injury Defeats Philadelphia Eagles - Oct 04, 2010
- Clay Matthews Tackles Philadelphia Eagles Well - Sep 13, 2010
- Donovan McNabb Is Set To Start 2010 On A Good Note - Jan 10, 2010
- Nnamdi Asomugha's status is yet to be decided because of his knee injury - Nov 25, 2011
- Injuries Fail To Rout Green Bay Packers' Super Bowl Victory - Feb 07, 2011
- Austin Collie's Injury Leads To Colts' Defeat On Sunday - Nov 08, 2010
Tags: andy reid, darryl tapp, dimitri patterson, eagles team, ellis hobbs, extremities, eyewitnesses, final games, former team, gina gomez, kickoff return, lincoln financial field, mri exam, mri report, new york giants, philadelphia eagles, philadelphia eagles quarterback, playing a game, stretcher, x ray