Elen Rivas opens up about her relationship with ex Frank LampardJanuary 8th, 2011 - 5:18 pm ICT by ANI
London, Jan 08 (ANI): In an interview, Elen Rivas has opened up about her relationship with ex-fiancee Frank Lampard.
It’s two years since Rivas separated from her fiancee.
The Chelsea footballer has since started dating Daybreak presenter Christine Bleakley, 31, and Rivas admits that it used to tear her apart seeing photographs of them together in magazines, but that she’s relaxed about it now. In fact, she says, she feels liberated.
“I was heartbroken when we separated,” the Daily Mail quoted Rivas as saying.
“I suppose I thought maybe, just maybe, we’d get back together, so it was hard seeing him with another woman.”
Rivas, however, has found it difficult to move on.
“I’m not somebody who jumps from one person to another. I can’t just fall into bed with somebody. I’m single at the moment. I have my two little girls and my friends. [Since the interview, a spokesman for Elen has confirmed that she is in a relationship with Peter Andre, and that the couple have been together for 'a couple of months.]
“Frank put me in a bubble,” said Elen.
“I used to decorate our homes, look after the children, of course, cook the dinner, sort out the clothes, but I couldn’t do many other things. I suppose that it’s the way some men love you.
“But the thing is, when a man puts you in a bubble like that, what happens? He comes home and he’s got a hundred things in his head and you’ve got nothing to speak about but the children and the house. A woman needs to have other interests. Sometimes you just end up nagging. He’ll leave a cup on the coffee table and you’ll say, “Why don’t you put it in the kitchen?”
“I think our rows got worse after Isla was born. All couples have problems when the kids are small. I don’t know what it is. It must be something in the hormones with women.
“It was a very difficult time. Frank’s mother, Pat, had just died aged just 58, and his head was all over the place. I do think that, maybe, if we’d tried harder, who knows?”
“But I’ve spoken to my girlfriends a lot and come to understand that I’ve probably put my life on hold because of the men I’ve met. It’s nice to come home and have things in your head other than the bloody washing and cooking. So I’m free now. I don’t want a man around to tell me, “No, don’t do this, don’t do that,” she added. (ANI)
- Peter Andre back with ex-girlfriend? - Aug 15, 2011
- 'Single' Peter Andre says he's over ex Katie Price, Elen Rivas - Apr 21, 2011
- Frank Lampard warns ex not to use kids for publicity - Feb 21, 2011
- Me and Lampard never discuss kids: Bleakley - Dec 26, 2011
- Andre, Rivas call it quits! - Apr 03, 2011
- Peter Andre admits he's dating Frank Lampard's ex - Jan 05, 2011
- Peter Andre doesn't have time to date - Jul 07, 2011
- Andre doesn't want to date any more celebrities - May 21, 2011
- Andre, Rivas planning fitness boot camp - May 31, 2011
- Andre seeks ex-girlfriend's help in organising kids' party - Jun 12, 2011
- Mila doesn't consider herself sexy - Aug 22, 2011
- Cooking, not Madonna's forte - Jan 15, 2012
- Andre dating Frank Lampard's ex-fiancee - Jan 05, 2011
- Andre confirms dating Spanish model - Jan 15, 2011
- Christine Bleakley wants kids with Frank Lampard - Mar 11, 2011
Tags: christine bleakley, clothes, coffee table, couples, daily mail, daybreak, fiancee, footballer, frank lampard, hormones, hundred things, london jan, magazines, photographs, relationship, rivas, spokesman, two little girls