Eight-member Indian recurve archery squad for World CupMay 17th, 2010 - 8:20 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, May 17 (IANS) An eight-member Indian recurve archery squad will participate in the World Cup Stage II at Antalya, Turkey, June 7-11.
Announcing the squad Monday after four days of trials at the Sports Authority of India (SAI), Eastern Centre here, Archery Association of India (AAI) secretary general P.N. Mukherjee said the country would not send any participant for the compound section.
Instead, eight selected compound archers would be sent to Chinese Taipei for the third Asian Grand Prix from June 28 to July 2.
A 16-member Indian contingent took part in the World Cup Stage I at Porec, Croatia, from May 4 to 8, but could win only a silver medal in the men’s team recurve event.
Team for Antalya:
Recurve, men: Mangal Singh Champia (Railways), Jayanta Talukdar, Rahul Banerjee (both Steel Plant) and Tarundeep Rai (Services).
Women: Laishram Bombayla Devi, Dola Banerjee (both Railways), Rimil Buriuly and Deepika Kumari (both Steel Plant).
Coaches: Limba Ram, Lokesh Chand Pal and Wang Woo Lee (Korea).
Team for Chinese Taipei:
Compound, men: C. Srither, Kh. Ratan Singh (both Services), I.R. Sanam (Railways) and Ritul Chatterjee (AP).
Women: Jhano Hansdah (Jharkhand), Sakro Besra (Railways), Vrushali Gorle (Maharashtra) and Namita Yadav (Jharkhand).
Coaches. R.B. Tamang, Harender Singh and D. Saiswary.
- Rahul, Mangal in Indian archery team for Asian Grand Prix - Feb 09, 2012
- Chekrovolu, Jayalakshmi make the cut for World Cup - Apr 12, 2009
- India to send 16 archers for first Asian Grand Prix - Jan 26, 2010
- Four changes in India's archery squad - May 12, 2009
- Indian archery squad named for World Cups - Jul 13, 2011
- Indian archers bag 4 gold, 2 silver, 2 bronze medals - Mar 19, 2010
- Asian Grand Prix archery: Seven Indians in semis - Feb 17, 2012
- Indian compound squad named for World Archery Championship - Jul 31, 2009
- Dismal show by Indian recurve archers - May 05, 2011
- Indian archery team for Asian meets announced - Oct 16, 2009
- Deepika second Indian woman archer to reach World Cup final - Sep 02, 2010
- Nine nations to clash in Asian Archery Grand Prix - Sep 14, 2009
- CWG archery: Indians in semi-finals of team events - Oct 06, 2010
- Indian archers shine in compound team event (Second Lead) - Oct 07, 2010
- Asian Grand Prix archery: Rich medal haul for India - Feb 19, 2012
Tags: aai, antalya turkey, archery association, chinese taipei, compound section, deepika, dola banerjee, jharkhand, kolkata, maharashtra, namita, rahul, railways, ratan singh, recurve archery, sanam, silver medal, sports authority, steel plant, tamang