Edgar Renteria gives a MVP performanceNovember 3rd, 2010 - 12:23 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
New York, Nov 2 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Edgar Renteria gave a “Most Valuable Player” performance in what could be his last game for the San Francisco Giants. He helped the Philadelphia Giants to wrap up the Game 5 of the World Series and eventually win their first world championship in several years. The 35-year-old’s seventh-inning three-run home run decided the tie.
Renteria has done this before. In 1997, he provided the game winning RBI for the Marlins to win the world championship. For his performance and by that achievement, Renteria becomes one of the rare players in the history of the game to decide two World Series. Those feats are shared by Yogi Berra, Lou Gehrig and Joe DiMaggio and Renteria becomes just the fourth player to achieve that feat.
Ironically, the season was not one that Renteria will want to remember, save the MVP performance during the Game 5 of the World Series. He has struggled with injuries the whole season which made him play only 72 games throughout the season. He can forget all that now because his performance was extraordinary. He even predicted that he was going to do it. Teammate, Andres Torres shouted “he told me he was going to do it!” when he hit the home run.
- MVP Edgar Renteria Calls 7th Inning Home Run, Giants Win! - Nov 02, 2010
- San Francisco Giants beat the Rangers to win the World Series - Nov 02, 2010
- Matt Cain Executes His Pitches To Victory - Oct 29, 2010
- Edgar Renteria Attributes To Giants Game 2 Victory - Oct 29, 2010
- Miami Heat win second NBA title - Jun 22, 2012
- Legendary "Shot Heard 'Round The World" Hitter Bobby Thompson Dies Aged 86 - Aug 18, 2010
- The legendary Red Sox player, Dom DiMaggio dies - May 09, 2009
- Calls of Bharat Ratna for Anand gain momentum (Lead) - May 30, 2012
- Indian athletes' London tryst amid soaring expectations - Jul 26, 2012
- Calls of Bharat Ratna for Anand gain momentum - May 30, 2012
- Tony Bennett sings 'God Bless America' in the World Series Game - Oct 28, 2010
- Green Bay Packers give a 46-16 drubbing to the Raiders - Dec 12, 2011
- Shuttler Lin Dan honoured as most valuable player of Asiad - Nov 27, 2010
- Poverty led Colombian medallist to wrestling - Aug 11, 2012
- Week 10 fantasy football - Nov 15, 2010
Tags: edgar renteria, feats, games, joe dimaggio, last game, lou gehrig, marlins, mvp performance, nov 2, philadelphia, player performance, rare players, rbi, san francisco giants, seventh inning, teammate, world series, yogi berra