Dustin Pedroia Scores For Red SoxApril 5th, 2010 - 7:26 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
Boston, Apr 5, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The opening night of the Major League Baseball started off in the right note for the Boston Red Sox. Dustin Pedroia and Kevin Youkilis scored on behalf of the Red Sox to win the first game of season 2010. “Run Prevention”, a term which has become very popular amongst baseball lovers, was hardly put into effect in the Sunday night’s opening match. Nobody seemed to be worried about players playing out of their positions. Dustin Pedroia and Kevin Youkilis were the players to look out for.
Dustin Pedroia and Kevin Youkilis together made four extra-base hits, five runs and five RBIs to score massively for the Boston Red Sox, helping them win the game in a big way. The win was definitely deserved and was a “fun game” as Dustin Pedroia later described it. Most of the runs were scored in the latter half of the innings with Dustin Pedroia hitting the ball the hardest.
The pitch was described by analysts as “inside”- difficult to score on such a pitch. However, Dustin Pedroia no doubt did a wonderful job with the bat. His hits were monstrous to say the least. Fans spent a wonderful Easter with family and friends and of course the baseball game only added to their happiness. Fans could not stop chanting “Pedro, Pedro” throughout the game.
Red Sox second baseman Dustin Pedroia will not play the second game because of a wrist injury. However the sprain is not being considered serious. He had sprained his wrist last Tuesday night against the Minnesota Twins, but the X-rays are negative.
- Wonder whether it can get any worse for the Yankees - Apr 27, 2009
- Youkilis vs Porcello: The Clash Between The Players - Aug 12, 2009
- Dustin Moseley Takes To Field A Day Earlier - Aug 09, 2010
- Jarrod Saltalamacchia Traded To Boston Red Sox - Aug 01, 2010
- Pedro Martinez Throws The Ceremonial Pitch For The Boston Red Sox - Apr 05, 2010
- Darnell McDonald The New Boston Red Sox Hero - Apr 21, 2010
- Daniel Nava Goes For A Grand Slam - Jun 13, 2010
- Formula to predict baseball success - Mar 02, 2010
- Marcus Thames Snatches Win For Yankees - May 18, 2010
- NJIT professor projects 2011 Major League Baseball winners using math - Apr 02, 2011
- Starlin Castro, The New Star Of Chicago Cubs - May 08, 2010
- Adam LaRoche Traded To Sox - Jul 23, 2009
- Boston Red Sox moves to the top of the 'Al wild card chase' - Sep 28, 2011
- Steven Tyler Sings At National Baseball League - Apr 05, 2010
- Angels Wins Against Red Sox for Three Home Runs of Torii Hunter - Oct 09, 2009
Tags: baseball game, baseball lovers, boston red sox, dustin pedroia, family and friends, first game, fun game, gina gomez, kevin youkilis, last tuesday, major league baseball, minnesota twins, no doubt, rbis, second baseman, second game, sprain, tuesday night, wrist injury, x rays