Dundee to take Rangers’ place in Scottish LeagueJuly 17th, 2012 - 3:57 pm ICT by IANS
London, July 17 (IANS) Dundee Football Club will next season fill the vacancy in the Scottish Premier League (SPL), created by the demotion of Glasgow Rangers.
“It was agreed that Dundee FC would be invited to fill the space vacated by Rangers FC in the Clydesdale Bank Premier League,” said a statement by the SPL Monday, reports Xinhua.
The Rangers were expelled from the top-flight after the end of last season following months of financial problems that saw the 140-year-old club wither away.
They were dropped Friday to the Third Division of the league, the fourth tier of Scottish football.
Dundee, runners-up in the First Division, were competing with Dunfermline, relegated from the SPL last season, for a place in next season’s Premier League.
- Glasgow Rangers demoted to lowest league tier - Jul 13, 2012
- Chhetri, Jeje on trial with Glasgow Rangers - Nov 11, 2011
- Russian football to pay tribute to flood victims - Jul 09, 2012
- O'Connor does not rule out Scotland return - Jul 15, 2012
- Bhaichung to continue playing for United Sikkim FC - May 15, 2011
- Indian presence in English Premier League doubles - May 23, 2011
- Bolton sign winger Wylde on free transfer - Mar 17, 2012
- Monaco coach drops former French striker Giuly - Jun 29, 2012
- Michel Gonzalez new coach of struggling Zargoza - Dec 31, 2011
- I-League: Chirag Kerala take on Mumbai FC - May 05, 2012
- Kiev to face Feyenoord in Champions League qualifying - Jul 20, 2012
- After Mahindra, now JCT disbands football club - Jun 20, 2011
- Feyenoord secure a Champions League prelim's ticket - May 07, 2012
- Rubin signs Malaga striker Rondon - Aug 05, 2012
- Queen Park Rangers likely to be stripped of automatic Premier League promotion - Apr 29, 2011
Tags: clydesdale, clydesdale bank, demotion, dundee fc, dundee football club, dunfermline, glasgow rangers, july 17, london, runners, scottish football, scottish league, scottish premier league, top flight, vacancy, xinhua