Drunken Gazza slept in a liftMarch 1st, 2008 - 5:10 pm ICT by admin
London, Mar 1 (ANI): Former England football star Paul Gascoigne, who is popularly known as Gazza, drank so much that he once fell asleep in a hotel lift standing up.
The 40-year-old Gazza was propped up on his feet in one corner while stunned guests travelled to their rooms.
The lift went up and down four times with Gazza snoring in the corner until his best mate Jimmy Five Bellies Gardner escorted him to his bed.
People were pressing the button for the lift and when it came, and when the doors opened there was Gazza, absolutely out of it and fast asleep, but still on his feet, a source said.
The incident happened just before Gazza was sectioned and taken into care, The Sun reported.
At the time he had been staying at the Marriott Hotel in his hometown of Gateshead and downing whiskies.
He was really drunk and staggered off to the lift to go back to his room. But he didnt make it to his bed before he nodded off. It must have gone up and down four times before Jimmy rescued him, the source said.
Gazza was drinking a lot but wasnt causing guests or staff any hassle but things got so bad that he could hardly hold a conversation, he added. (ANI)
- No end to 'glazed and legless' Gazza's drinking woes - Nov 05, 2010
- Drunk Gascoigne taken to hospital after trashing Brit hotel with curry, puke and stubs - Oct 27, 2010
- 'I've already died twice,' says Gazza - Mar 11, 2011
- Gazza looks like 'Elephant Man' after car smash - Jun 17, 2010
- Now, Gazza abandoned by best pal Gardner - Jun 06, 2009
- Here are the top tips to avoid snoring - Nov 28, 2010
- Gazza goes bike riding, enjoys kickabout with nephews to prove he's fit - Jun 08, 2009
- Facing jail time for drunk driving, Gazza now wants to be an actor - Nov 10, 2010
- Gazza, Greaves, to undertake stage show - Mar 24, 2011
- Live wire Rooney could turn out like Gazza: Lampard - Jun 02, 2010
- Gazza wants to change his name to 'Gassa' - Aug 29, 2012
- Rescuers feared Gascoigne was dead after car crash - Jun 15, 2010
- Marriott to bar access to adult movies in new hotels - Jan 24, 2011
- Snoring provokes couples to sleep apart! - Nov 08, 2010
- Gazza back to his boozing ways - Jun 04, 2009