Dropped players should look at the positives: DhoniJuly 4th, 2011 - 6:11 pm ICT by IANS
Bridgetown (Barbados), July 4 (IANS) India captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni has said that young players who were dropped for the cricket Test series in England should look at the larger picture and take the positives from the ongoing West Indies series.
Abhimanyu Mithun, Virat Kohli, Murali Vijay, Parthiv Patel and Subramaniam Badrinath, who were part of the Test series in the West Indies, were omitted for the England series.
“We need to interact with the players to see what’s happening with them and make sure they are not bogged down. Selection is not really in their hands,” he said. “I wanted to ensure they get the bigger picture. It is important that the morale is high because opportunities will keep coming,” he said.
Dhoni said that dropped players should work on their game.
“Those who have been dropped need to take the positives out of a series or a match and they need to go back and work on their game,” he said.
- Six changes in India squad for England, Sehwag to join later - Jul 02, 2011
- Indian cricket team leaves for West Indies - Jun 01, 2011
- Board's Grade A contract for Yuvraj, Ishant and Virat - Oct 29, 2011
- Scoreboard: India vs. West Indies, day five, second Test - Jul 03, 2011
- Lunch scoreboard: India vs West Indies, second Test, day five - Jul 03, 2011
- Scoreboard: India vs. West Indies, day one, second Test - Jun 29, 2011
- Gambhir to lead in T20, ODIs in absence of Dhoni (Lead) - May 13, 2011
- Gambhir named captain for West Indies ODI series - May 13, 2011
- Scoreboard: India vs. West Indies, Second Test, Day three - Jul 01, 2011
- Lunch scoreboard: India vs. West Indies, Second Test, Day three - Jun 30, 2011
- Scoreboard: India vs. West Indies, day two, second Test - Jun 30, 2011
- Lunch scoreboard: India vs. West Indies, Second Test, Day two - Jun 30, 2011
- Gambhir, Yuvraj ruled out from West Indies series - May 27, 2011
- Praveen Kumar ruled out of first three ODIs against Windies - Nov 28, 2011
- Batting on Caribbean wickets tough: Dravid - Jul 05, 2011
Tags: abhimanyu, badrinath, bridgetown barbados, cricket test, england series, game, India, july 4, kohli, mahendra singh dhoni, match, mithun, murali, parthiv patel, subramaniam, test series, vijay, west indies