Dropped from ODI team, White vows to bounce backJuly 7th, 2011 - 2:06 pm ICT by IANS
Melbourne, July 7 (IANS) Australian all-rounder Cameron White, axed from the ODI side for next month’s Sri Lanka tour, has vowed to bounce back.
White termed his omission from the squad as “kick in the guts”. The Victorian, however, has been retained as Australia’s Twenty20 captain for the tour.
“It is no secret I haven’t been in the best of form of late, but I was hopeful I would still be in the squad. It’s definitely a kick in the guts,” White was quoted as saying by The Age.
White hoped to make his place in the One-day side but wondered when he would get the next chance to press his claims.
“I don’t have a lot of cricket for a little while now. Outside of a couple of T20 games I will be back playing for Victoria and scoring as many runs as I can. I just have to go back and get better and hopefully get another opportunity,” he said.
White did not consider himself a Twenty20 specialist.
“T20 is such a different game and moving towards having specialist players - (but) I am not saying I am in that boat,” he said.
Australian Test and One-day skipper Michael Clarke feels White can regain his place in the ODI side.
“It is a tough call because he is a wonderful player and has been a big part of the one-day team for a while now. I am very confident he will continue to work hard in the nets and keep putting the runs on the board, whether it be for Victoria or in Twenty20. On the other hand, it is great to see young Shaun Marsh and David Hussey back in the team,” he said.
- Veteran Hogg recalled to Australia's Twenty20 squad - Jan 23, 2012
- Maxwell gets Australian team call-up - Jul 16, 2012
- Hussey, Siddle, Bracken dropped from Australia Twenty20 squad - Aug 11, 2009
- Ponting axed from Australia's ODI squad, Watson returns - Feb 20, 2012
- Marsh replaces Brett in Australian ODI squad for South Africa - Oct 13, 2011
- Gambhir to lead in T20, ODIs in absence of Dhoni (Lead) - May 13, 2011
- Confident with the squad we have: Clarke - Aug 04, 2011
- Ferguson banking on good CLT20 show to earn recall in Australian team - Sep 17, 2011
- 'West Indies favourites for T20 World Cup' - Jun 28, 2012
- Gibson expects tough series against depleted India - Jun 03, 2011
- Pakistan selectors retain Shoaib Malik for Sri Lanka series - Oct 03, 2011
- Clarke named new Australia captain - Mar 30, 2011
- Harris, Starc dropped from Windies tour, Haddin recalled - Feb 29, 2012
- Simmons keen to play in ODIs against England - May 09, 2012
- Mohammed wants to retain place in West Indies team - Dec 27, 2011