Dravid makes comeback bid with a double ton against MumbaiNovember 14th, 2007 - 8:36 am ICT by admin
Dravid’s 214, which was his 50th first class three-figure score, came in 330 balls in 437 minutes. It included 21 fours and five sixes.
Dravid, who has been dropped for the first two one-day international matches against Pakistan, said after the match that regular fall of wickets didn’t allow them to attack.
“We kept losing regular wickets, lot of players in our team are quite young as well and it would have been a good education for them to play a quality attack,” he said.
“It is satisfying to have played a innings that helped the team. It would have been better had I played a big knock in the first innings. To be honest 195 was never going to be enough, we needed at least 300 but credit to them. Ajit got couple of wickets early and Ramesh bowled very well,” said the 34-year-old Karnataka player.
His today’s innings is likely to get the attention of the national selectors who are due to meet on Thursday at Mohali to pick the team for the rest of three matches against visiting Pakistani team. (ANI)
- Ranji Trophy: Saurashtra's win over Punjab lone result in Elite Division - Nov 20, 2011
- Tendulkar misses landmark century, India 376/6 at lunch - Nov 25, 2011
- Now GCA president Narvekar accused of rigging pitch in Ranji match - Nov 17, 2011
- Promising domestic players are excelling in IPL - May 05, 2012
- Mumbai and Haryana make Ranji Trophy quarterfinals - Dec 24, 2011
- Ranji Trophy quarters: Haryana's Harshal Patel takes eight wickets - Jan 02, 2012
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: Mumbai hammer Karnataka in lopsided quarterfinal - Mar 06, 2012
- Dravid's century give Indians edge in first Test - Jun 23, 2011
- Felt cheated with lack of bounce at Wankhede: Ashwin - Nov 23, 2011
- Jayawardene's strikes century, Sri Lanka post 274/6 (Lead) - Apr 02, 2011
- Rajasthan overshadow giants to win maiden Ranji Trophy title (Lead) - Jan 15, 2011
- Ranji Trophy quarters: Chopra, Yagnik, Pawar, Dewan hit tons - Jan 03, 2012
- Malinga is the real game-changer: Harbhajan - Apr 12, 2012
- Ranji Trophy: Karnataka, Punjab win; Mukund strikes double ton - Nov 12, 2011
- India have the edge, admits Haddin - Dec 27, 2011