Dravid, Ganguly left out from Champions Trophy probablesJuly 8th, 2008 - 7:02 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 8 (IANS) Abhishek Nayar, Virat Kohli, Ravindra Jadeja and Ajinkya Rahane have been included while experienced Sourav Ganguly and Rahul Dravid left out of the list of 30 probables for the Champions Trophy, to be held in Pakistan in September. Nayar and Rahane came into the limelight during the Indian Premier League (IPL) while Kholi and Jadeja were a part of the World Cup winning under-19 team. Incidentally Kohli was the captain of the World Cup team.
The list, announced by the Indian cricket board here Tuesday, also includes in-form domestic players Subramaniam Badrinath and Manoj Tiwary and comeback players like Mohammad Kaif and left-arm spinner Murali Kartik.
The selectors also followed their ‘look ahead policy’ by excluding Ganguly and Dravid, thus making it more or less clear that the two have played their last One-Day Internationals.
Dravid has not been part of the one-day team since the series against Australia at home last October while Ganguly’s last appearance in a limited overs game was against Pakistan in Gwalior in November. Fast bowler Munaf Patel has also been left out.
Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Virender Sehwag, Gautam Gambhir, Yuvraj Singh, Sachin Tendulkar, Zaheer Khan, Rohit Sharma, Harbhajan Singh, Robin Uthappa, Suresh Raina, Piyush Chawla, R.P. Singh, Irfan Pathan, Ishaant Sharma, Praveen Kumar, Manpreet Singh Gony, Pragyan Ojha, Parthiv Patel, Dinesh Kartik, S. Badrinath, Mohammed Kaif, Manoj Tiwary, Abhishek Nayar, Pankaj Singh, Murali Kartik, Virat Kohli, Ravindra Jadeja, Ajinkya Rahane, Yusuf Pathan, S. Sreesanth
- England put India in to bat in third ODI - Sep 09, 2011
- Nehra awarded Grade B contract, Irfan demoted to Grade C - Nov 25, 2009
- World Cup probables announced - Dec 18, 2010
- Board's Grade A contract for Yuvraj, Ishant and Virat - Oct 29, 2011
- Harbhajan fails to make comeback to ODI squad - Oct 18, 2011
- This is how the IPL teams will look - Jan 09, 2011
- Yuvraj included in World T20 preliminary squad - Jul 18, 2012
- England put India in to bat in fifth ODI - Oct 25, 2011
- ODIs: Sehwag to lead India against Windies, Dhoni rested - Nov 25, 2011
- England to bowl against India - Sep 16, 2011
- Dravid, Irfan not among World Cup probables (Lead) - Dec 18, 2010
- World Cup: Selectors to pick 15-member Indian team Monday - Jan 14, 2011
- BCCI announces 2011World Cup probables - Dec 18, 2010
- England put India in to bat at Lord's - Sep 11, 2011
- Tendulkar opts out of Sri Lanka tour - Jul 04, 2012
Tags: captain of the world, dinesh kartik, gautam gambhir, indian cricket board, irfan pathan, mahendra singh dhoni, manoj tiwary, manpreet singh, mohammad kaif, mohammed kaif, murali kartik, piyush chawla, praveen kumar, rohit sharma, sachin tendulkar, suresh raina, virender sehwag, yusuf pathan, yuvraj singh, zaheer khan