Drag-Race Driver Neal Parker Dies After Car Crash On TrackJune 12th, 2010 - 7:25 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Old Bridges, June 12, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The Friday qualifying round race of the National Hot Rod Association SuperNationals in New Jersey took a tragic turn as the Funny Car of Neal Parker crashed at the Shutdown area of the New Jersey raceway.
The 58-year-old drag-racing car veteran driver died on the spot of the accident after suffering head injuries. Neal Parker crashed his alcohol-fueled Funny Car while he was competing in the qualifying round of the NHRA SuperNationals Top Alcohol Funny Car at the Raceway Park in Old Bridges.
The death of Neal Parker was confirmed to media sources by the state police Sgt. Stephen Jones. However, though the death of the veteran drag-racing driver was confirmed, it is still not clear whether the crash occurred due to the malfunctioning of the drag parachute as some eyewitnesses have mentioned or due to the car’s hitting the wall at the edge of the racing track.
The police on Friday declined to comment on the issue as investigations are being carried out.
NHRA released a public statement on its website on Friday where it mentioned that the Neal Parker’s car crashed at a “high rate of speed” in the shutdown area of the race track. The statement mentioned that on behalf of all the people associated with NHRA and the Raceway Park, the former is extending its “sincere condolences to the entire Parker family”.
It also added that the NHRA fraternity was deeply saddened by the incident. Media sources failed to get any response from Neal Parker’s family in Millville as they did not return any messages sent by media sources.
- NHRA Driver Mark Niver Dies During A Racing Event - Jul 12, 2010
- Drag Racer Mark Niver Dies During NHRA Eliminations In Washington - Jul 13, 2010
- NHRA Results Overwhelms John Force - Nov 15, 2010
- Death At NHRA Arizona Nationals - Feb 22, 2010
- Elliott Sadler Survives Car Crash At Pocono Raceway - Aug 02, 2010
- Iconic Car Brand Pontiac's Legacy Ends - Nov 01, 2010
- JK Tyre National Racing: Bala, Prakash, Ameya post wins - Jul 16, 2011
- Ohio Car Crash Captured By Trooper Dashboard Camera - Aug 25, 2010
- Drag racer Mark Niver dies in a crash in Washington - Jul 13, 2010
- Former "Melrose Place" Actress Amy Locane Indicted - Dec 18, 2010
- All eyes are on Danica Patrick at the Nascar Sprint Cup - Dec 24, 2011
- Dull Moscow track is a shame: Prost - Jul 16, 2012
- Eva Longoria Parker cleared of blame for car crash - Oct 31, 2010
- Double for Rajvirudhan, Feroz Khan in JK Tyre National Racing - Sep 18, 2011
- Rajvirdhan, Diljith claim titles in National Racing - Nov 26, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,