Double for Ikhwan in JK Racing Asia SeriesJuly 24th, 2011 - 8:27 pm ICT by IANS
Jakarta, July 24 (IANS) Malaysia’s 19-year-old Afiq Ikhwan (Meritus GP) overcame a stiff challenge from Austrian sensation Lucas Auer (Euro International) in the final race of the weekend to complete a sweep of four victories in the third round of the JK Racing Asia Series at the Sentul Intenational Circuit in Bogor near here Sunday.
Ikhwan consolidated his second place in the championship with 144 points, 32 adrift of the consistent Auer’s 176 with eight races left.
Nabil Jeffri (Petronas Mofaz Racing) was in third place with 95 points despite bowing out of the afternoon race in dramatic circumstances, going off track at the first corner on the 10th lap.
“I am happy that we have had a good weekend here in Indonesia,” said Ikhwan after emulating Auer who won all four races in the previous round at Sepang in Malaysia.
“The team prepared a good car for me this weekend. I am sure we can continue the good work in the next round at the Guangdong International Circuit in China next month.”
Race 9 (12 laps): 1. Afiq Ikhwan (Meritus GP) 25:53.946; 2. Lucas Auer (Euro International) 25:54.994; 3. Freddie Ang (Petronas Mofaz Racing) 25:55.928.
Race 10 (15 laps): 1. Afiq Ikhwan (Meritus GP) 26:00.300; 2. Lucas Auer (Euro International) 26:01.068; 3. Akash Nandy (Meritus GP) 26:04.467.
Championships standings (top 3, after 10 races): 1. Lucas Auer (Euro International) 176 points, 2. Afiq Ikhwan (Meritus GP) 144, 3. Nabil Jeffri (Petronas Mofaz Racing) 95.
- Ikhwan scores a double in 3rd round of JK Racing Asia Series - Jul 23, 2011
- JK Asia Racing: Ikhwan scores fifth win - Sep 24, 2011
- Ikhwan achieves double in JK Racing Asia Series - Sep 25, 2011
- Keen battle likely in JK Racing Asia series - Sep 22, 2011
- JK Asia Series to run in Europe (Lead) - May 24, 2012
- Nabil dominates JK races - Jul 02, 2012
- Eurointernational post 1-2 finish in JK Asia Series - May 26, 2012
- JK Racing: Khushlani grabs eighth spot - Sep 09, 2012
- Khushlani finishes impressive sixth in JK Racing Asia Series - Oct 29, 2011
- JK Racing: Khushlani bags second spot - Sep 10, 2012
- Aditya finishes ninth at Spa - Jul 28, 2012
- JK Racing Asia Series to have two rounds in Europe - May 24, 2012
- Euro drivers sweep top spots in JK Asia Series - May 27, 2012
- JK Racing: Khushlani replaces Patel for Silverstone round - Sep 07, 2012
- JK Racing Asia series set for Euro debut - Jun 29, 2012
Tags: afiq, asia series, auer, bogor, dramatic circumstances, euro international, four races, good car, gp, guangdong, ikhwan, jakarta, laps, meritus, mofaz, nandy, petronas, sensation, sepang, stiff challenge