Double for Ameya, Diljith in JK Tyre National RacingJuly 17th, 2011 - 9:22 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, July 17 (IANS) In a dramatic turn of events, B. Bala Vijay, a biker turned car racer who gave a fine demonstration of defensive driving to hold off Diljith Shaji and completed a double in the Indian Junior Touring Cars class, was subsequently excluded on a “technical infringement” as the second round of the JK Tyre National Racing Championship concluded here Sunday.
Vijay of Moto-Rev India team had won the first race Saturday also and was subsequently excluded from the results with his points taken away following a post-race scrutiny Sunday. Shaji (Sigaram Sports) thus moved up a place in both the races.
In a virtual replay of Saturday’s first race, Vijay capitalized on a poor getaway by Shaji to move into the front and then defended his position through seven laps. Shaji tried just about everything, including late braking, but Vijay kept his line for a fine win.
The race was reduced to seven laps due to delays in clearing the track after Venkat Reddy crashed following a contact.
Mumbai’s Ameya Walavalkar (Mars Racing) too completed a double to open his account in the Formula LGB Swift class, but had to work for his win Sunday in a race that saw the lead changing.
Walavalkar, with his vast racing experience, made a decisive move on front-runner Goutham Parkeh (Wallce Sports) in the final lap to snatch a thrilling win.
In the Super Saloon class race that was all but a Demolition Derby, championship leader TR Radha Selvarajan (RAD Racing) protected his position on the leaderboard by delivering another second place finish of the weekend, this time behind veteran B.Vijaykumar (Prime Racing) while Saturday’s race winner D.Vidya Prakash (Prime Racing) came in third.
The action-packed 10-lapper witnessed its quota of bumping and shunting as several cars took a battering but in an otherwise clean racing with Vijaykumar and Selvarajan running away in the front.
Formula LGB Swift (10 laps): Ameya Walavalkar (Mars Racing) 1 (12mins, 19.697secs); Goutham Parekh (Wallace Sports) 2 (12:21.222); Karthik Krishna (TVS Girling) 3 (12:21.818).
Indian Junior Touring Cars (7 laps): Diljith Shaji (LCT Sigaram Sports) 1 (09:36.453); Narendhran S (IPL Power Pak Sports) 2 (09:40.499); Jaiprashanth Venkat (LCT Sigaram Sports) 3 (09:46.348).
Super Saloon (10 laps): B Vijaykumar (Prime Racing) 1 (12:36.348); TR Radha Selvarajan (RAD Racing) 2 (12:37.277); D Vidya Prakash (Prime Racing) 3 (12:55.033).
Championship points (after 2 rounds - top 3):
LGB Swift - Deepak Ravikumar 1 (80 points); Karthik Krishna 2 (51); Ameya Walavalkar (50).
IJTC - Diljith Shaji 2 (86); Narendhran S 2 (66); Jayaprakash Venkat 3 (60).
Super Saloons - TR Radha Selvarajan 1 (86); Vijaykumar Rajvirudhan 2 (63); B Vijaykumar 3 (60).
- JK Tyre National Racing: Bala, Prakash, Ameya post wins - Jul 16, 2011
- Maiden win for Feroz Khan in JK Tyre National Racing - Sep 17, 2011
- Commanding win for Deepak in National Racing Championship - Jun 18, 2011
- Close contests on cards in JK Tyre National Racing - Oct 14, 2011
- Veterans rule the roost at JK Races - Aug 21, 2011
- First win for Leelakrishnan in JK Tyre National Racing - Oct 15, 2011
- Double for Vishnu, Deepak at National Racing Championship - Jun 19, 2011
- Leelakrishan completes a double in JK Tyre National Racing - Oct 16, 2011
- Ameya, Vishnu annex titles in JK Tyre National Racing - Nov 27, 2011
- Tough fight for front-runners in JK Tyre National Racing - Aug 19, 2011
- Hat-trick of wins for Walavalkar - Aug 20, 2011
- Close battles likely in JK Races - Sep 16, 2011
- Double for Rajvirudhan, Feroz Khan in JK Tyre National Racing - Sep 18, 2011
- Rajvirdhan, Diljith claim titles in National Racing - Nov 26, 2011
- Front-runners might have it tough in JK Tyre National Racing - Jul 15, 2011
Tags: bala, car racer, championship leader, chennai, decisive move, defensive driving, demolition derby, final lap, india team, jk tyre, lapper, laps, prakash, race winner, radha, shaji, sigaram, touring cars, vidya, vijaykumar