Dope tainted runners Mandeep and Juana’s hearing adjournedJuly 15th, 2011 - 9:44 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 15 (IANS) The disciplinary panel of the Athletics Federation of India (AFI) Friday adjourned the hearing into the doping cases of quarter-milers Mandeep Kaur and Juana Murmu till July 20.
Mandeep and Juana, who failed in out-of-competition tests of International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF), were represented by their advocates Sandeep Khatri and Rajat Bharadwaj.
AFI had to adjourn the hearing as the documentation of the their A and B sample tests conducted by World Anti Doping Agency (WADA) were not available.
“Their lawyers wanted the documentation of the samples. But since these reports were not available with us we had to adjourn the hearing. The documents couldn’t be done due to technical reasons. The hearing will held on July 20,” said M.L. Dogra, director of AFI.
Mandeep, who won the 400 metres relay gold in the Commonwealth and the Asian Games, tested positive for methandienone and stanozolol, while Juana, who missed a podium finish in the 400 metres in the Asian Games, tested positive for methandienone. Both substances fall in the category of Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) and are included in the WADA prohibited list.
The two athletes, who face ban upto two years, have laid the blame on their food supplements. Six other athletes have also failed dope tests conducted by the National Anti Doping Agency (NADA).
- Athletics body transfers Mandeep, Juana dope cases to NADA - Jul 20, 2011
- Indian runners Mandeep and Murmu suspended after failed dope test - Jun 29, 2011
- India's athletes Mandeep, Juana fail dope tests, suspended (Lead) - Jun 30, 2011
- Five athletes flunk dope tests - Jun 30, 2011
- Mandeep blames federation for not providing team doctor - Jul 01, 2011
- Five fresh doping cases in athletics, IOA orders probe (Lead) - Jun 30, 2011
- IOA demands judicial inquiry in doping scandal - Jul 01, 2011
- Asiad, CWG gold winner Ashwini, Priyanka also fail dope test (Lead) - Jul 04, 2011
- Asiad, CWG gold winner Ashwini joins dope-tainted stars (Roundup) - Jul 04, 2011
- Three athletes' B samples also test positive - Jul 08, 2011
- Mandeep, Juana ask for food supplements to be examined (Lead) - Jul 01, 2011
- Mandeep denies dope taint, confident of bouncing back - Jul 03, 2011
- I am innocent, says Ashwini Akkunji - Jul 07, 2011
- Three athletes fail dope test - Oct 11, 2011
- Anti-doping agency collects 91 samples at Bangalore camp - Jul 12, 2011
Tags: afi, anabolic androgenic steroids, asian games, bharadwaj, disciplinary panel, dogra, dope tests, food supplements, iaaf, international association of athletics federations, juana, kaur, khatri, mandeep, methandienone, quarter milers, rajat, stanozolol, wada, world anti doping agency