Djokovic to play charity match in RioJune 5th, 2012 - 2:50 pm ICT by IANS
Rio de Janeiro, June 5 (IANS) World No.1 tennis player Novak Djokovic has agreed to play an exhibition match here in November against retired Brazilian star Gustavo Kuerten.
This will be followed by the Serb’s involvement in a soccer game with underprivileged children in a Rio slum the next day.
“He will be here between the 15th and 19th of November,” event organiser Dejan Petkovic said.
“There will also be a clinic on a pitch that the local council is going to install,” he said.
Kuerten won the French Open three times and reached the top of the men’s rankings in December 2000. Djokovic has won five Grand Slam titles.
- Kuerten gets better of Moya in friendly match - Oct 09, 2011
- Brazil's Kuerten enters tennis Hall of Fame - Mar 09, 2012
- Doubles best bet for India in French Open - May 22, 2011
- Djokovic whips Murray to capture second Aussie Open title - Jan 30, 2011
- Federer beats Djokovic to reach Wimbledon final - Jul 06, 2012
- Djokovic dreams big in Olympic year - Apr 19, 2012
- Djokovic: Taking on Nadal in French Open final is ultimate challenge - Jun 09, 2012
- Greatest match of my life: Djokovic - Jan 30, 2012
- Federer overwhelms Melzer to set up Soderling showdown - Sep 07, 2010
- Federer, Djokovic rally to advance into last 8 at French Open - Jun 04, 2012
- Djokovic, Messi favourites at Laureus awards - Feb 02, 2012
- Djokovic beats Nadal to win maiden Wimbledon title (Lead) - Jul 04, 2011
- Aishwarya's Stefi-Andre moment! - Jun 10, 2010
- Djokovic, new king of tennis in 2011 - Dec 21, 2011
- US Open: Murray wins Grand Slam title at last (Second Lead) - Sep 11, 2012
Tags: charity, event organiser, exhibition, french open, grand slam titles, gustavo kuerten, local council, match, novak djokovic, petkovic, pitch, rio de janeiro, rio rio, serb, slum, soccer game, tennis player, three times, underprivileged children