Disappointed at allegations, says PomersbachMay 19th, 2012 - 6:59 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 19 (IANS) Australian and Royal Challengers Bangalore cricketer Luke Pomersbach, who Saturday got bail in the case of allegedly molesting an American woman in a five-star hotel here and beating up her fiance, said that he is disappointed with the allegations against him.
“I am disappointed with the allegations made against me. It is a sickening comment and I hope that the court will get to the bottom of the case,” Pomersbach told reporters here.
“I am happy that I have been granted bail…I am relieved, have faith in Indian judiciary,” he said.
Metropolitan Magistrate Navita Kumari Bagha asked Pomersbach not to leave the country and asked him to surrender his passport.
The court also asked Pomersbach to submit two sureties of Rs.30,000 each.
It directed him to cooperate with police in the investigation and not to tamper with evidence. The court dropped the charges under section 454 (lurking, house trespass) of Indian Penal Code against him.
Pomersbach is alleged to have molested the woman at the ITC Maurya Hotel here early Friday morning and beaten her fiance Sahil Peerzada when he tried to stop the player. Delhi Police had registered a case of molestation against Pomersbach.
- RCB player Luke Pomersbach gets bail - May 19, 2012
- IPL player Luke Pomersbach gets bail (Lead) - May 19, 2012
- IPL player gets bail, American woman sends Mallya legal notice (Roundup) - May 19, 2012
- Court reserves order on bail of Pomersbach - May 19, 2012
- Fiance of US woman better, could be released Sunday - May 19, 2012
- Australian IPL player arrested for molesting woman, claims innocence (Third Lead) - May 18, 2012
- IPL molestation case: Victim's fiancee backs her version - May 20, 2012
- RCB owner Sidhartha Mallya gets legal notice for tweets - May 19, 2012
- IPL molestation case: Peerzada discharged from hospital - May 21, 2012
- Zohal seeks to quash charges against Pomersbach (Lead) - May 24, 2012
- American woman goes to Delhi women's panel against Mallya - May 19, 2012
- Pomersbach admits to molesting US woman (Lead) - May 21, 2012
- Pomersbach's lawyer denies he has confessed (Second Lead, Superseding earlier story) - May 21, 2012
- Luke Pomersbach admits to molesting US woman - May 21, 2012
- Double trouble for IPL; player arrested, SRK banned from Wankhede (Second Intro Roundup) - May 18, 2012
Tags: allegations, american woman, challengers, delhi police, faith, fiance, friday morning, indian judiciary, indian penal code, itc, magistrate, maurya, molestation, New Delhi, passport, star hotel, sureties, trespass