Digvijay, Chowrasia make solid starts at Indonesia OpenFebruary 26th, 2009 - 8:00 pm ICT by IANS
Bali, Feb 26 (IANS) Indian golfers Digvijay Singh and S.S.P. Chowrasia got off to solid starts with three-under 69 and two-under 70 in the opening round at the Enjoy Jakarta Indonesia Open here Thursday.
Digvijay was tied ninth, while Chowrasia was tied 17th. The other two Indians in the fray, Jyoti Randhawa and Gaganjeet Bhullar shot identical rounds of two-over 74 each and were tied 86th. Gaurav Ghei was even through 12 holes, while Shiv Kapur was one-over 13 holes. They will return in the morning to complete the remaining holes as 42 players were yet to complete their rounds.
Stockholm-born Indo-Swede Daniel Chopra shot a 73 and was tied 68th.
The day’s star was Filipino Angelo Que whose putter was red hot as he went around in eight-under-par 64 and grabbed the clubhouse lead.
Digvijay started on the tenth tee and birdied it and then after five straight pars he birdied the seventh and eighth to come to three-under before a bogey dropped him to two-under at the turn. On the second nine, he birdied the first and then played par golf for next eight holes.
“I am happy I made very few mistakes,” said Digvijay Singh.
Chowrasia had bogeys on 11th and 18th, but the birdie on 15th for a one-under first nine. On the second nine, he birdied first, third and fourth and then parred the rest for a total of two-under 70.
–Indo-Asian News Servie
- Spaniard Cabrera-Bello leads; Kapur, Jeev one behind - Feb 18, 2011
- Shiv Kapur moves up to tied fourth - May 01, 2011
- Hero Indian Open: Unheralded Chiragh Kumar takes surprising lead - Oct 13, 2011
- Atwal, Chowrasia best-placed Indians at Malaysian Open - Mar 05, 2010
- Jeev improves to tied second at Volvo China Open - Apr 22, 2011
- Bhullar best Indian after first round at Gleneagles - Aug 27, 2010
- Ashok Kumar in lead after third round in Panasonic Open - Mar 31, 2012
- Jeev recovers with a 69, makes cut with Kapur - Jan 22, 2010
- Chowrasia, Sujjan one shot off the lead at Avantha Masters - Feb 19, 2011
- Smriti takes big lead at Women's Pro Golf Tour event - Mar 29, 2012
- Lahiri leads pack at SAIL-SBI Open golf - Feb 23, 2012
- Lahiri moves to tied sixth in Selangor Masters - Aug 05, 2010
- Lahiri finishes tied eighth, Que wins title at Selangor Masters - Aug 07, 2010
- Chowrasia lying tied seventh in Hong Kong - Nov 12, 2009
- Indian pair Jeev, Shiv tied third in Morocco golf - Apr 02, 2011