Diego Forlan to visit KolkataJuly 23rd, 2010 - 11:17 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, July 23 (IANS) After former World Cup stars Romario and Branco, it is now the turn of a current football celebrity Diego Forlan to visit Kolkata at the month end.
The Uruguayan, who received the golden ball as the best player in the just concluded football World Cup, would arrive in the city July 30 to participate in a show by a newly-launched Bengali entertainment channel Mahuaa Bangla.
“Forlan will arrive July 30 and stay here till August 1. He will participate in a reality show being organised by the channel,” said event promoter Celebrity Management Group executive director Bhaswar Goswami.
Goswami refused to divulge further details about Forlan’s visit.
Forlan had played a key role in Uraguay’s fourth finish in the World Cup in South Africa. He scored five goals in the tournament.
Earlier this month, Mahua Bangla had brought former Brazilian football stars Romario and Branco for a football talent hunt show, “The Match”.
- Lionel Messi, Argentine side to play in Kolkata - Feb 07, 2011
- Dutch star Ruud Gullit arrives in Kolkata - Jul 28, 2012
- World Cup star Diego Forlan arrives in Kolkata - Jul 30, 2010
- Bipasha Basu Inaugurates Bengali Entertainment Channel 'Mahuaa Bangla' - Jul 20, 2010
- Diego Forlan recognises Anil Kapoor - Aug 02, 2010
- Romario to train West Bengal footballers - Jul 06, 2010
- Bipasha launches Bengali entertainment channel - Jul 19, 2010
- I would like to be back in India: Forlan - Aug 01, 2010
- Tevez, Di Maria to be seen alongside Messi in Kolkata friendly - Jun 06, 2011
- Brazil missed Ronaldinho, Adriano at World Cup: Branco - Jul 16, 2010
- Argentinian stars have a long affair with Kolkata - Sep 01, 2011
- Romario happy to visit Kolkata, congratulate upcoming footballers - Jul 20, 2010
- Messi match broadcast rights sold to 152 countries: Organisers - Aug 19, 2011
- Forlan doesn't regret missing golden boot - Jul 31, 2010
- Forlan signs with Brazil's Internacional - Jul 07, 2012
Tags: august 1, bangla, bengali, best player, brazilian football, celebrity management, event promoter, football stars, football talent, football world cup, group executive director, key role, mahua, management group, match, romario, talent hunt, uraguay, uruguayan, world cup stars