Di Resta third fastest as second pre-season test endsFebruary 26th, 2012 - 1:07 am ICT by IANS
Barcelona, Feb 25 (IANS) Sahara Force India’s Paul di Resta completed 101 laps on the concluding day of the second pre-season test and set the third fastest time here at the Circuit de Catalunya.
Di Resta’s best lap Friday was 1:23.119 and it came during a day when the Scot went off into the gravel to cause one of the three red flags of the day. Sauber’s Kamui Kobayashi (1:22.312) recorded the fastest time ahead of Williams’ Pastor Maldonado (1:22.561).
The Scottish driver, however, said the four-day test had shown the reliability and balance of VJM05.
“I had a small trip through the gravel in the morning, but nothing that caused too much of an issues though we lost half an hour of running. The important thing is that we still managed to do our long runs in the afternoon and I could feel the changes we made compared to Thursday.It has given me a good impression of the car’s balance and consistency, and we have seen that our long run pace is improving step by step.”
Di Resta did 83 laps on the third day after Nico Hulkenberg completed 112 and 97 laps on the first two days including the fastest lap Wednesday.
- Di Resta eighth fastest after 'intense' day of testing - Feb 24, 2012
- Force India's Hulkenberg sets second fastest time in Barcelona - Feb 22, 2012
- German GP: Alonso zooms to second straight pole - Jul 21, 2012
- Chinese GP: Rosberg takes maiden F1 pole, Force India out of top-10 - Apr 14, 2012
- Button races to 1st pole for McLaren in Belgium - Sep 01, 2012
- Force India's Hulkenberg finishes fourth in Belgium - Sep 02, 2012
- Rosberg wins maiden F1 race in China, Force India draw blank - Apr 15, 2012
- McLaren lock front row in Italy - Sep 08, 2012
- Force India suffer hydraulic problem at Mugello test - May 03, 2012
- Force India finish 5th and 6th, skip second practice - Apr 20, 2012
- Button wins in chaotic Belgian GP - Sep 02, 2012
- Hamilton takes pole, Force India out of top ten - May 12, 2012
- Vettel wins Bahrain GP, Force India's Di Resta finishes sixth - Apr 23, 2012
- Force India end mid-season test with full day of running - May 04, 2012
- Vettel takes pole in Japan, Force India to start from sixth row - Oct 08, 2011