Di Resta, Sutil to start 11th and 12th in Italian Grand PrixSeptember 10th, 2011 - 9:58 pm ICT by IANS
Monza (Italy), Sep 10 (IANS) Force India’s Paul di Resta and Adrian Sutil finished 11th and 12th fastest in the Formula One Italian Grand Prix qualifying here Saturday. Red Bull’s Sebastian Vettel claimed his 10th pole of the season.
Vettel’s time of 1min22.275sec comfortably placed him on the front of the grid with McLaren’s of Lewis Hamilton and Jenson Button clocking 1:22.725 and 1:22.777 for second and third positions.
Di Resta was in hunt for a place in Q3 but Renault’s Bruno Senna pipped him for the tenth spot in the dying minutes of Q2. Senna recorded 1:24.157 to better di Resta’s effort of 1:24.183. The more experienced Sutil managed 1:24.209 and will join his teammate on the sixth row.
However, Force India will be confident of securing some points in Sunday’s race after top-10 finishes in Belgium, Hungary and German round.
The Silverstone based team is currently seventh in the Constructor’s Championship with 32 points.
- Vettel equals pole record in Abu Dhabi, Force India secure top-10 finish - Nov 12, 2011
- Italian GP: Di Resta's 8th place puts Force India ahead of Sauber - Sep 11, 2011
- Vettel takes pole in Japan, Force India to start from sixth row - Oct 08, 2011
- Vettel claims pole in Hungarian GP, Sutil 8th fastest - Jul 30, 2011
- Vettel claims another pole, Sutil sneaks into 10th at European GP - Jun 25, 2011
- Hamilton takes maiden pole in Korea; di Resta, Sutil 9th and 10th - Oct 15, 2011
- Untouchable Vettel wins Indian GP - Oct 30, 2011
- Vettel wins maiden Monaco Grand Prix, Force India seventh - May 30, 2011
- Force India disappoint, Vettel wins Spanish Grand Prix - May 22, 2011
- Vetell becomes World Champion in Japan, Force India miss out on points - Oct 09, 2011
- Vettel races to another victory, Sutil finishes 9th at European GP - Jun 26, 2011
- Webber secures elusive win in Brazil, Force India end season on a high - Nov 28, 2011
- Vettel wins Belgian Grand Prix, Sutil seventh - Aug 28, 2011
- Vettel breaks pole record in season finale, Sutil to start 8th - Nov 27, 2011
- McLaren lock front row in Italy - Sep 08, 2012
Tags: adrian sutil, bruno senna, constructor, force india, formula one, grand prix monza, hungary, italian grand prix, jenson button, lewis hamilton, mclaren, monza italy, q3, red bull, renault, resta, s paul, sebastian vettel, senna, teammate