Di Resta in dark about his future with Force IndiaDecember 14th, 2011 - 10:40 pm ICT by IANS
London, Dec 14 (IANS) Force India driver Paul di Resta has been kept in the dark by team principal Vijay Mallya about his future with the team.
Di Resta, however, said he would be “proud” if he is kept on with the team for the 2012 Formula One season. Mallya is likely to make an announcement on the driver line-up for 2012 by Thursday.
Di Resta and Nico Hulkenberg, a reserve and test driver, could be given the two race seats with Adrian Sutil making way. Sutil could join Williams or Hispania Racing Team.
“I can’t say anything. The only thing that I can say is that I am still working closely with the team and helping with the new car,” he told F1’s official website. “I will do some simulator work over the next week and hopefully by then Mallya and his board will have made up their minds about their 2012 driver line-up,” said Di Resta.
“Certainly I would be very proud to stay with them for another year. They have shown a lot of respect for me and a lot of faith in me. They’ve given me the opportunity of a lifetime and I am very thankful for that.”
“Obviously I am really happy to have spent a year in Formula One as it has been a long-term ambition for me. It has been a pretty good year for me - and a pretty good year together with the team. It was a joyful experience, but also a lot of hard work.
“I definitely look back with good memories. Of course the memories could have been a bit better, but overall 2011 stands up quite positively and I think this experience can drive us further in the future and herald many more good years to come,” he said.
- Have a tough decision to make on drivers: Mallya - Oct 30, 2011
- Force India to end drivers' suspense before Abu Dhabi - Oct 29, 2011
- Force India retain di Resta for 2012, drop Sutil - Dec 17, 2011
- Force India optimistic about chances in Hungarian GP - Jul 24, 2012
- An emotional and special moment: Mallya - Oct 28, 2011
- Force India pick Max Chilton for Abu Dhabi young driver test - Nov 08, 2011
- Force India confirm Paul di Resta for 2011 Formula One season - Jan 27, 2011
- Italian GP: Di Resta's 8th place puts Force India ahead of Sauber - Sep 11, 2011
- Former Ferrari reserve driver Bianchi moves to Force India - Jan 27, 2012
- Ferrari eyeing Force India's di Resta for 2013 season - May 10, 2012
- Karthikeyan completes race for first time, no points for Force India - Apr 17, 2011
- Force India launch 2012 car - Feb 03, 2012
- New regulations will favour smaller F1 teams: Sutil - Jan 27, 2011
- Di Resta fetches a point for Force India - Apr 10, 2011
- Force India bags maiden Q3 position at Chinese Grand Prix - Apr 16, 2011
Tags: adrian sutil, f1, faith, force india, formula one, joyful experience, london, memories, new car, nico hulkenberg, opportunity of a lifetime, pretty good year, resta, term ambition, test driver, vijay mallya