Di Resta, Hulkenberg back Narain over Vettel’s ‘idiot’ remarkMarch 27th, 2012 - 8:08 pm ICT by IANS
Greater Noida, March 27 (IANS) Fellow Formula One drivers Paul di Resta and Nico Hulkenberg backed Narain Karthikeyan after his collision with Sebastian Vettel during the dramatic Malaysian Grand Prix. The reigning World Champion called the Indian an “idiot” following the incident.
Karthikeyan, in his HRT, contacted the rear left of Vettel’s Red Bull in the dying moments of the rain-affected race Sunday, resulting in a rare 11th place finish for the German. Vettel was runing fourth at the time of the incident, meaning he lost out on 12 points in the drivers’ standings.
“I heard about whatever happened and I also saw it on tv. From what I saw, it was not Narain’s fault. So, I don’t really understand why he (Vettel) said all of that,” said Sahara Force India’s Hulkenberg after he drove around a Mercedez-Benz at the Buddh International Circuit.
“I think Vettel was just emotional at that point of time. He lost out on points, it was frustrating for him and his team. At the end of the day, he is just human and sometimes you get emotional.”
Paul di Resta, who also flew in from Sepang for the promotional event, concurred with his Force India teammate.
“Though I have not really seen the incident, I am sure a lot of was said in the heat of the moment. May be he (Vettel) used the wrong words. Emotions run high in Formula One and sometimes you tend to say what you don’t really mean,” said di Resta.
“Having said that, Narain is entitled to do as much on the track in comparison as someone like Vettel. Both are F1 drivers and are there to represent their teams, he added.
Vettel had earlier told the BBC: “Like on normal roads, you have some idiots driving around. It seems there is also one driving here. ”
Karthikeyan replied to his comments saying the top drivers sometimes turn “bully” while lapping a slower car.
- Vettel gets away with his idiot remark and obscene gesture - Mar 30, 2012
- Alonso wins dramatic Malaysian GP, Force India in top-10 - Mar 25, 2012
- Force India's Hulkenberg finishes fourth in Belgium - Sep 02, 2012
- Force India's Di Resta feels making Q3 will be tough - Mar 23, 2012
- Force India record season's best finish at Valencia - Jun 24, 2012
- German GP: Alonso zooms to second straight pole - Jul 21, 2012
- Button wins Australian GP, Force India's Di Resta gets a point - Mar 18, 2012
- Rosberg sets pace in second practice at Bahrain GP - Apr 20, 2012
- Formula One: Force India fail to score a point - Jul 29, 2012
- Chinese GP: Rosberg takes maiden F1 pole, Force India out of top-10 - Apr 14, 2012
- Force India's di Resta 8th fastest in Canadian GP qualifying - Jun 10, 2012
- Maldonado wins maiden F1 race, Hulkenberg comes 10th - May 13, 2012
- Webber claims pole, Di Resta 6th fastest at British GP - Jul 09, 2011
- Hamilton takes pole in Malaysian GP, Force India disappoint - Mar 24, 2012
- Force India make top-10 at European GP qualifying - Jun 23, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,