Di Resta eighth fastest after ‘intense’ day of testingFebruary 24th, 2012 - 8:15 pm ICT by IANS
Barcelona, Feb 24 (IANS) Sahara Force India’s Paul di Resta lost track time in the morning session on the third day of pre-season testing here before completing 83 laps and setting the eighth fastest time.
Williams’ Pastor Maldonado topped the time-sheets Thursday with the quickest lap of 1:22.391.
Di Resta, driving for the first time in the four-day test, was forced to stop Thursday morning after VJM05 lost the engine cover, causing a red flag around 90 minutes before lunch. The afternoon went much better for the Silverstone-based team with di Resta finishing 63 laps.
The Scot later described the day as “intense” and praised the new car.
“Quite an intense day and a very busy afternoon, but the main thing is that we achieved the objectives for the day,” said di Resta, whose best time was 1:25.646.
“There will be a lot of analysing tonight to see what we can learn, especially trying to understand the data from the long runs this afternoon.
“As I said in Jerez, it is nice to have a car with such a good baseline because it makes it easier to experiment with the set-up and that is what we are trying to do at the moment.”
His teammate Nico Hulkenberg had recorded the fastest time Wednesday.
- Force India's Hulkenberg sets second fastest time in Barcelona - Feb 22, 2012
- Di Resta third fastest as second pre-season test ends - Feb 26, 2012
- Force India suffer hydraulic problem at Mugello test - May 03, 2012
- Force India's Di Resta feels making Q3 will be tough - Mar 23, 2012
- Former Ferrari reserve driver Bianchi moves to Force India - Jan 27, 2012
- Force India end mid-season test with full day of running - May 04, 2012
- Hamilton takes pole in Malaysian GP, Force India disappoint - Mar 24, 2012
- Alonso wins dramatic Malaysian GP, Force India in top-10 - Mar 25, 2012
- Force India draw blank in Canadian GP - Jun 11, 2012
- Force India second fastest in Valencia - Feb 04, 2011
- Alonso takes pole in British GP qualifying, Nico 9th fastest - Jul 08, 2012
- Force India make top-10 at European GP qualifying - Jun 23, 2012
- German GP: Hulkenberg 5th fastest, di Resta 9th - Jul 21, 2012
- Force India launch 2012 car - Feb 03, 2012
- Force India finish out of points at British GP - Jul 08, 2012
Tags: baseline, best time, fastest time, force india, intense day, laps, morning session, new car, pastor maldonado, red flag, resta, s paul, sahara, scot, teammate, third day, thursday morning, time sheets, time was 1, track time