Dhoni wins toss, decides to batMarch 12th, 2011 - 3:53 pm ICT by IANS
Nagpur, March 12 (IANS) India captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni won the toss and decided to bat in their key Group B World Cup match against South Africa at the Vidarbha Cricket Association Stadium at Jamtha here Saturday.
India made one change from the side that played the last match against the Netherlands in Delhi, bringing in medium-pacer Munaf Patel in place of leg-spinner Piyush Chawla.
The South Africans were forced to go without exciting leg-spinner Imran Tahir, who has a fractured left thumb, and he is replaced by off-spinner Johan Botha.
India: Mahendra Singh Dhoni (captain-wicketkeeper), Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar, Gautam Gambhir, Virat Kohli, Yuvraj Singh, Yusuf Pathan, Harbhajan Singh, Zaheer Khan, Ashish Nehra, Munaf Patel. 12th man: Suresh Raina.
South Africa: Graeme Smith (captain), Hashim Amla, Jacques Kallis, A.B. de Villiers, Jean-Paul Duminy, Francois du Plessis, Morne van Wyk (wicketkeeper), Robin Petersen, Johan Botha, Dale Steyn, Morne Morkel. 12th man: Colin Ingram.
Umpires: Simon Taufel and Ian Gould
- India elect to field in Centurion ODI - Jan 23, 2011
- South Africa to bat first in fourth ODI - Jan 21, 2011
- India, South Africa will have plenty to prove (Preview) - Mar 11, 2011
- India elect to field against South Africa - Mar 30, 2012
- South Africa to bat against India - Jan 18, 2011
- India eyes first-ever ODI series win in South Africa - Jan 20, 2011
- Graeme Smith wins toss, elects to bat - Mar 19, 2011
- India look to bounce back against South Africa - Jan 14, 2011
- Ishant to replace injured Praveen for ODI series - Jan 11, 2011
- India elect to bat against South Africa - Jan 15, 2011
- Team that handles pressure better will clinch series: Dhoni - Jan 22, 2011
- Scoreboard: India vs South Africa, fourth ODI - Jan 22, 2011
- Scoreboard: South Africa innings, fourth ODI - Jan 22, 2011
- World Cup scoreboard: India vs. South Africa, Group B - Mar 13, 2011
- Confident India will look to take lead in ODI series - Jan 17, 2011
Tags: ashish nehra, colin ingram, cricket association, dale steyn, francois du plessis, gautam gambhir, hashim amla, jacques kallis, johan botha, last match, mahendra singh dhoni, medium pacer, piyush chawla, sachin tendulkar, south africans, van wyk, virender sehwag, yusuf pathan, yuvraj singh, zaheer khan