Dhoni watched India-Lanka final on TV instead of partying after WC winApril 4th, 2011 - 10:48 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Apr 4 (ANI): Skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni was busy watching the final match once again on TV and stayed away from celebrations when entire team and the country was celebrating India beat Sri Lanka to lift the World Cup.
“Dhoni was busy watching the entire final match and did not take part in the celebrations which went on whole night. He went to bed around 7am on Sunday morning,” Dhoni’s family member told ANI.
The International Cricket Council (ICC) team partied until sunrise at the Taj, celebrating the historic win over Sri Lanka on Saturday night.
The Indian team arrived at the Taj Mahal Palace Hotel from stadium after bagging the trophy around one after midnight.
Dhoni and the Indian team found the hotel’s facade illuminated in blue in their honour. (ANI)
- Teams leave for Wankhede Stadium - Apr 02, 2011
- Cars for every Indian player if team wins the World Cup (Diary) - Apr 01, 2011
- Team India gets drenched in victory champagne - Apr 03, 2011
- India need a whitewash of Sri Lanka to be No. 1 ODI team - Jul 19, 2012
- Jharkhand to make him 'Doctor' Dhoni - Apr 03, 2011
- We are peaking at the right time: Dhoni - Apr 01, 2011
- Wildly happy India cheers night that was - Mar 31, 2011
- Dhoni banned 1 match for slow over rate - Feb 19, 2012
- Dhoni, Indian team fined for slow over-rate - Jul 22, 2012
- Dhoni's six perfect end to match: Hrithik Roshan - Apr 03, 2011
- Tourist hotspots deserted, thanks to World Cup final - Apr 02, 2011
- Jharkhand fan keeps fast for Indfia's triumph - Apr 02, 2011
- Match referee falters as Sangakkara wins bizarre toss in second attempt - Apr 02, 2011
- Dhoni, Yuvraj lost in fun and frolic of World Cup triumph - Apr 03, 2011
- Four Indians in ICC's ODI team, Dhoni captain - Sep 12, 2011
Tags: celebrations, entire team, facade, family member, final match, honour, india beat, international cricket council, New Delhi, palace hotel, partied, partying, saturday night, skipper, sri lanka, sunday morning, sunrise, taj mahal, trophy, world cup