Dhoni a balanced captain: TendulkarApril 14th, 2009 - 9:40 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 14 (IANS) India’s batting maestro Sachin Tendulkar was all praise for skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni, saying he has a sharp brain and does not complicate things.
Speaking at a reception hosted by Jaypee Group here, Tendulkar said Dhoni has developed into a balanced captain.
“I am delighted the way he has conducted himself. He is a balanced person who is on his toes all the time,” said Tendulkar on being asked whether Dhoni is the country’s best captain.
“Even when he was not the captain he showed he has a sharp brain. He thinks clearly and not in a complicated way, which is a good sign.”
Tendulkar said he feels “terrific” being part of the present team.
“I am like an elder brother to the younger lot. We share our experiences and try to learn as much as we can from each other. There is a great atmosphere in the team.”
Tendulkar said he has no qualms about not playing in the Twenty20 World Cup in England. He said he does not want to disturb the balance of the side.
“Last year we had played reasonable amount of cricket in England. My body was not fit to play the Twenty20 World Cup in South Africa and so there was no way I would have gone there. Cricket is a team sport and one weak link can affect the performance of the team.
“I could be there in the team this time. But we won the World Cup last time, so it will be unfair on my part to disturb the balance of the side,” he said.
Tendulkar, the brand ambassador for Jaypee Cements, was presented a golden bat and the key of a penthouse.
- Kapil wants Sachin to retire immediately - Feb 20, 2012
- Confident Dhoni fashions India's World Cup triumph - Apr 03, 2011
- Decision review system won't please all teams: Dhoni - Feb 02, 2011
- Sachin deserves Bharat Ratna: Dhoni - Apr 06, 2011
- India can emerge as world champions if players play to potential: Kapil Dev - Jan 28, 2011
- Good team won us World Cup, not just captaincy: Sehwag - Jul 06, 2012
- Tendulkar opts out; Sehwag, Zaheer back for Lanka tour (Lead) - Jul 05, 2012
- India should not tinker with the batting order: Wadekar - Mar 19, 2011
- Dhoni happy with Yuvraj's return to international cricket - Sep 12, 2012
- We are open for cricket series against Pakistan: Dhoni - May 31, 2012
- India look for series win and Tendulkar's 100th ton at Eden (Preview) - Nov 13, 2011
- Disappointed with loss, but lot of positives: Dhoni - Sep 12, 2012
- We should support Dhoni and team, says Kapil - Jan 20, 2012
- Dhoni is the best captain I have played for, says Sachin - Apr 04, 2011
- Lord's awaits Tendulkar's signature - Jul 20, 2011
Tags: ambassador, april 14, atmosphere, cements, cricket, elder brother, experiences, India, last time, maestro, New Delhi, penthouse, qualms, sachin tendulkar, sharp brain, skipper, south africa, team sport, toes, twenty20 world cup