DGC’s Junior Training Programme starts SundayApril 24th, 2008 - 8:01 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, April 24 (IANS) Delhi Golf Club’s (DGC) Junior Training Programme (JTP) will kick start Sunday and run till June 21, it was announced here Thursday. More than 220 children in the age group of eight to 18 will take part in the programme in three categories - beginners, intermediate and advanced.
Indian Golf Union’s (IGU) teaching professionals, Romit Bose, Nonita Lall Qureshi, Jasjit Singh and Vikram Seth will conduct four separate camps with about 55 children each. The camps will run for 14 days.
The JTP would ensure each participant receives two hours of training everyday and aims to cover all aspects of the game. The programme will include sessions in rules and etiquettes besides discussions on game’s nutritional, physical and mental aspects along with yoga sessions.
After the conclusion of the fourth camp, the IGU will organise the third Delhi Golf Club Junior Golf Tournament from June 24-27.
- Golf fast catching up with cricket in popularity (With image) - Jun 17, 2012
- Vani takes first round lead at Usha Western India Ladies Open - Oct 11, 2011
- Top juniors for IGU golf - May 25, 2012
- Abhishek Kuhar, Manu share lead in USHA-IGU juniors events - Apr 10, 2012
- DDA to organize junior golf coaching camp - Sep 27, 2010
- First golf course rating seminar held in India - Aug 27, 2011
- Chandra, Sangwan in lead - May 29, 2012
- Lahiri opens with a 66 in morning session at SAIL Open - Mar 22, 2011
- Sardar putts 72 to take lead in junior golf meet - May 30, 2012
- Arjun Singh ahead in Toyota-IGU Southern India junior golf - Jun 01, 2012
- IGU'S Dilip Thomas to represent Olympic Golf - Oct 24, 2011
- Gurbani maintains lead in Usha DGC Ladies Open - Nov 23, 2011
- World's governing body plans to bring Rules of Golf School to India - May 24, 2011
- Sangwan putts junior golf title - Jun 01, 2012
- Saqib leads in Western India junior golf - Nov 29, 2011
Tags: age group, april 24, conclusion, dgc, etiquettes, golf club, golf union, igu, jasjit singh, jtp, june 21, june 24, junior golf tournament, mental aspects, New Delhi, participant, qureshi, training programme, vikram seth, yoga sessions