Detroit Lion Ernie Sims Traded To Philadelphia EaglesApril 20th, 2010 - 2:23 am ICT by Angela Kaye Mason
Apr 19 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Linebacker for the Detroit Lions, Ernie Sims was traded to the Philadelphia Eagles today in a three team deal, which leaves the Lion wearing an Eagle jersey next season.
The Eagles gave a fifth round draft pick to the Denver Broncos which was 137th overall. Tony Scheffler was given to the Lions, along with a 7th round number 220 draft pick, and the Lions, in turn, gave Sims to the Eagles. “I loved it in Detroit,” Sims said today in a media conference call. “But it just didn’t work out.
Ernie Sims was drafted at number 9 overall in 2006 by Detroit, from Florida State. He was a starter for eight games last season, and 56 total times during his career. The Lions won two games in 2009. Sim’s said that he does not expect to be handed a starting position with the Eagles, but will come in and earn his spot. According to the Eagles’ website, this is the fifth trade this season, netting them 10 picks in the upcoming draft.
“We are excited to acquire Ernie Sims,” Philadelphia general manager Howie Roseman said on the Eagles’ Web site. “He plays fast, he’s aggressive and his style is a great fit for our defensive scheme. He is a leader who was a team captain for the Lions, and we are eager to see what he can do in our defense.” More information is available on Ernie Sims’s official website http://www.erniesims50.com/
- Alex Hall To Play For Philadelphia Eagles - Apr 03, 2010
- Darryl Tapp Traded To Philadelphia Eagles - Mar 17, 2010
- 2011 NFL Draft Order Led By Carolina Panthers - Jan 03, 2011
- Philadelphia Eagles Pick Riley Cooper In Fifth Round - Apr 25, 2010
- Donovan McNabb Traded To Washington Redskins - Apr 05, 2010
- Denver Broncos rookie defensive player Perrish Cox arrested for sexual assault - Dec 11, 2010
- Would Carson Palmer be as prolific as Kevin Kolb in the upcoming NFL season? - Aug 20, 2010
- NFL Scores Of Week 5 Is Led By Jacksonville Jaguars - Oct 11, 2010
- Detroit Lions Pull Off A Deal With Amari Spievey - Apr 24, 2010
- Eric Decker Chosen By Denver Broncos - Apr 24, 2010
- St. Louis Rams Traded Will Witherspoon To Eagles - Oct 21, 2009
- San Diego Chargers Acquire Donald Butler - Apr 24, 2010
- Jared Odrick Chosen To Replace Jason Taylor - Apr 23, 2010
- Clay Matthews Tackles Philadelphia Eagles Well - Sep 13, 2010
- Donovan McNabb Excited To Play For Washington-Redskins - Apr 06, 2010
Tags: conference call, defensive scheme, denver broncos, detroit lion, detroit lions, eight games, ernie sims, florida state, linebacker, number 9, philadelphia eagles, roseman, sim, team captain, tony scheffler, two games