Detriot Pistons goes down to Cleveland Cavaliers for a successive third timeApril 26th, 2009 - 12:45 am ICT by GD
The game three of the of the first round of the NBA basketball playoffs, saw Cleveland Cavaliers defeating the Detriot Pistons, thanks to another scintillating play exhibited by LeBron James of the Cavaliers.
LeBron James finished the night 25 points, 11 rebounds and a total of nine assists. At the end of the day, the Cavaliers scored a 79-68 victory over the Detriot Pistons, hence leading the first round series by a mamoth 3-0 lead.
The Detriot Pistons who desperately needed to win this games to keep their hopes alive in the Playoffs, played with all their heart for the most part of the three quarters, however at the end they were rendered helpless by LeBron James who was sensational through the game. The next game that is on Sunday, which will take place in the Pistons home turf, the team will have to come up with something special, if they want to extend the series further.
For the Pistons to make a comeback in the series, Micheal, Curry, the team’s coach said that teams two best players, Rasheed Wallace and Tayshaun Prince, needs to pull up their socks and and will have to play well in the coming game.
During the entire period of the third game, Wallace was just able to score 5 points and ll through the night looked old and not at all interested in winning. As for, Prince made a decent start to the game by scoring 7 points in the first quarter, however in the three quarters that followed he he was not able to put his name in the score-sheet, remaining scoreless for the rest of the game.
The best payer for the Detriot Pistons for the third game was Richard Hamilton with his game stats outlining a total of 15 points, 8 rebounds and 6 assists, while Rodney Stucky made his contribution with 12 points and 5 assists.
- Cleveland Cavaliers Outplay Boston Celtics - Oct 28, 2010
- Miami Heat Thrash Cleveland Cavaliers In Historic Game - Dec 03, 2010
- Cleveland Cavaliers Fans Boo LeBron James - Dec 03, 2010
- Dallas wins NBA finals Game 4 - Jun 08, 2011
- Golden State Warriors Loses To Miami Heats - Dec 11, 2010
- Miami Heat win second NBA title - Jun 22, 2012
- Miami Heat take 2-1 series lead in NBA finals - Jun 18, 2012
- Savannah Brinson,LeBron James' girlfriend - May 30, 2009
- LeBron James gets third NBA most valuable player citation - May 13, 2012
- Olympics: Dominant but not dream start for US men's basketball team - Jul 30, 2012
- Ray Allen Talks Defense Against Miami Heat - Oct 27, 2010
- LeBron James Does Well With Cavaliers, But Next Team Might Be Knicks - May 14, 2010
- Cleveland Cavaliers Owner Dan Gilbert Says He Does Not "Regret" About The Letter - Oct 28, 2010
- James, Bryant named Players of the Week - Jan 10, 2012
- Boston Celtics Wins Against Miami Heats With 88-80 - Oct 27, 2010
Tags: assists, cleveland cavaliers, coach, detriot pistons, first quarter, game stats, home turf, lebron james, nba basketball playoffs, rasheed wallace, rebounds, richard hamilton, rodney stucky, score sheet, socks, tayshaun prince, third game, third time, three quarters, victory