Derek Fisher Thrown Out for FoulMay 8th, 2009 - 2:32 am ICT by GD
Fisher’s foul was categorized as a flagrant foul 2 which is an unnecessary and extreme contact. This usually involves a moving motion, rough contact, and a follow through.
Fisher seemed to be body checking Scola when the latter had come for setting a a back pick. The impact of the two colliding sent Scola to the floor. Fisher too cut his head. It would seem from the recordings of the game that Fisher was trying to hit Scola before the latter could hit him.
Fouls falling to the Flagrant category are always reviewed strictly by the league and Fisher may be punished further. However, Scola himself doesnt really seem to believe that Fisher had any ill intent. At least Scola is saying so in public whatever his real feelings may be: “It’s part of the game… It happens. There are going to be hard fouls, there are going to be people playing hard… It’s not up to me to comment on (whether he should be suspended).
There’s people who get paid to do that.” Fisher himself has defended his actions saying that “I understand the officials were trying to get the game under control at that point… (however) My intent was to run through the pick hard. He was further away from me than I thought, so my arm was up high when I hit him.”
- Carrie Fisher alleges that John Travolta is a gay - Dec 14, 2010
- Sania tears apart AITA, doesn't spare Paes and Bhupathi (Lead) - Jun 27, 2012
- Harris pulled himself out of contention for Boxing Day Test - Dec 22, 2011
- Krejza denies he's the fall guy in Doherty's rise to Oz Ashes squad - Nov 22, 2010
- 'Butter-fingered' keeper Kamran eyes comeback in Pak team as 'specialist batsman' - Apr 23, 2011
- Kobe Bryant is suffering from concussion - Feb 29, 2012
- Jeev, Lahiri qualify for weekend rounds at British Open - Jul 21, 2012
- No injuries following crash, says Bravo - Jul 28, 2012
- An Englishman who has always put belief back into Mike Hussey - Nov 14, 2010
- Klose 'in mourning' after being red-carded - Jun 18, 2010
- Never called up selector: Katich - Dec 18, 2011
- Ponting's best is yet to come, says 'waiting-in-the-wings' skipper Clarke - Sep 25, 2010
- 'Stupid' burglar posts pic of self taken with stolen laptop on owner's Facebook page - Dec 16, 2010
- British Open: Jeev laments missed opportunity - Jul 19, 2012
- Digvijay Singh defends Arunachal MP accused of abusing Ramdev - Feb 23, 2011