Denver Broncos’ Running Back Rob Lytle Passes Away At 56November 23rd, 2010 - 3:59 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
Nov 23, (THAINDIAN NEWS) It came as a shock for the football fraternity when Denver Broncos’ running back Rob Lytle was declared dead on Sunday. The veteran footballer suffered a massive heart attack on Saturday at in Fremont, Ohio. He was immediately taken to Fremont Memorial Hospital but the doctors could not save his life. Fremont Memorial Hospital spokeswoman Chasity O’Neill announced the news to the media on Sunday. Rob Lytle was 56 years old.
Michigan Wolverines coach Jerry Hanlon remembered Rob Lytle and expressed his condolence saying that the football running back was “special” as he had the confidence which helped in favor of the team. Jerry Hanlon said that Rob Lytle was always a “team player” as he had the understanding with the other team mates. Jamie Morris, the former running-back of Michigan Wolverines said that it was a sad day for the football fraternity as it lost one of its important members. Michigan Wolverines’ associate athletic director Bruce Madej said that Rob Lytle was an unassuming good guy. Rick Leach, Rob Lytle’s former teammate from the same team said that the late football player was a “mentor” to Rick Leach and her was one of the “toughest guys” the former has played with.
Rick Leach said that Rob Lytle made an ultimate sacrifice for the team by playing “fullback” at times. Dave Brandon, his team mate and athletic director of Michigan Wolverines said that when he heard the news of unfortunate news of unfortunate demise of Rob Lytle, he was “sickened by it” as the team has lost someone who was a great exp ample of “Michigan man”. Rob Lytle’s family has not yet announced anything about the funeral proceedings. The former Denver Broncos player is survived by his wife, daughter, granddaughter and his father.
- Denver Broncos Fires Josh McDaniels As Head Coach - Dec 07, 2010
- Denver Broncos Names John Fox As Their Head Coach - Jan 14, 2011
- Knowshon Moreno Missed Last Night Game Against Oakland Raiders Owing To His Side Injury - Dec 20, 2010
- Eric Decker Chosen By Denver Broncos - Apr 24, 2010
- Denard Robinson Led Michigan Wolverines Football Team To Its Victory - Sep 12, 2010
- Tim Tebow To Play For Denver Broncos After First Round Pick - Apr 23, 2010
- Monday Night football: New England Patriots to fight with the Dolphins - Sep 12, 2011
- Quarterback Denard Robinson Of Michigan Wolverines Football Team Outshines All Others - Sep 05, 2010
- SNL does a spoof on Tim Tebow - Dec 19, 2011
- Denver Broncos rookie defensive player Perrish Cox arrested for sexual assault - Dec 11, 2010
- Philip Rivers' Stupendous Performance Steers San Diego Chargers To Victory - Nov 23, 2010
- Denver Broncos Wide Receiver Kenny McKinley Found Dead In His Apartment - Sep 21, 2010
- Dwayne Bowe Fails To Live Expectations - Dec 06, 2010
- Broncos Defeats Giants On Thanksgiving Day - Nov 27, 2009
- Michigan Vs Michigan State Game Ends In The Latter's Favor - Oct 10, 2010
Tags: associate athletic director, bruce madej, coach jerry, denver broncos, fremont memorial hospital, funeral proceedings, gina gomez, hospital spokeswoman, jamie morris, jerry hanlon, massive heart attack, michigan man, michigan wolverines, news to the media, rick leach, team mate, team mates, ultimate sacrifice, unfortunate demise, wife daughter