Denny Hamlin Shines At Nascar Texas Motor SpeedwayApril 20th, 2010 - 8:11 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
Texas, Apr 20, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Torn ligament, 29th position start and a rain interrupted race. Even that wasn’t enough to stop Denny Hamlin racing all the way to victory at the Nascar Texas Motor Speedway Nationwide race. Denny Hamlin’s glorious finish came after he took the lead in the 12th lap. By then Nascar Texas Motor Speedway has already witnessed nine crashes. Pole sitters Jeff Gordon, along with Tony Stewart was blocked in shunt which contributed to the delay of the race by 21 minutes. Following that Carl Edwards, Juan Montoya, Jamie McMurray, Clint Bowyer, Paul Menard all got eliminated one by one.
Denny Hamlin moved ahead in the race leaving behind the 4 time defending champion Jimmie Johnson by 0.152 seconds which finally became the decisive factor in the race. The winner is however surprised at his own victory and he told the media post race that he feels that he isn’t that great when it comes to the last laps when one really needs to buckle up and hit the spot. Denny Hamlin feels that the win is overwhelming and certainly beyond his own caliber. Reportedly, things have been tough for Denny Hamlin as he has been trying to pull up since his surgery which still makes it tough for him to move one rotation.
Denny Hamlin, who started out at the 29th position, showed tremendous power as he raced his way to secure the 17th position. As a matter of fact, Denny Hamlin was one out of the 10 contenders by the 100th Lap. With David Reutimann’s engine blowing up on the 311th Lap, things became easy for Denny Hamlin who became the fourth racer and sped his way to become the third landing just a couple of paces next to Jeff Burton.
- Kasey Kahne Proud Victor At Atlanta Motor Speedway - Sep 07, 2009
- Karthikeyan finishes 11th at Texas - Jun 05, 2010
- All eyes are on Danica Patrick at the Nascar Sprint Cup - Dec 24, 2011
- Hamilton feeling 'phenomenal' after Montreal win - Jun 12, 2012
- Jamie McMurray Secures Tearful Win At NASCAR - Feb 15, 2010
- Noorani bags surprise pole in round two of Polo Cup - Jul 16, 2011
- Rookie motorbike rider Ramesh bags a double - Jun 03, 2012
- Maiden win for Ameya Bafna in Rotax Karting - Jul 10, 2011
- NASCAR driver Matt Kenseth's wife Katie Kenseth injured in car accident - Sep 28, 2011
- Button wins Australian GP, Force India's Di Resta gets a point - Mar 18, 2012
- Kentucky Speedway Dominated By Joey Logano Again - Jun 13, 2010
- Kevin Harvick Wins Coke Zero 400 In A Wild Finish - Jul 04, 2010
- Jimmie johnson storms the Bristol Motor Speedway at the Food City 500 - Mar 22, 2010
- No points for Force India, Karthikeyan 21st at Turkish GP - May 08, 2011
- Hat-trick of wins for Walavalkar - Aug 20, 2011
Tags: carl edwards, clint bowyer, david reutimann, decisive factor, denny hamlin, jamie mcmurray, jeff burton, jeff gordon, jimmie johnson, juan montoya, ligament, move one, nascar, nascar texas motor speedway, paul menard, pole sitters, ranjan, shunt, texas motor speedway, time defending champion