Delhi Daredevils beat Royal Challengers by six wicketsApril 26th, 2009 - 9:58 pm ICT by ANI
Cape Town, Apr 26 (ANI): Delhi Daredevils beat Royal Challengers by six wickets in their Indian Premier League (IPL) match here on Sunday.
Bangalore got off to a poor start after captain Kevin Pietersen won the toss and chose to bat in overcast conditions, as Jacques Kallis was dismissed on the first ball of the match.
Robin Uthappa also could not place him well and went to pavilion after scoring only three runs.
Royal Challengers were struggling after losing two key wickets at a score of 10, but skipper Pietersen and Ross Taylor controlled the inning and added 62 runs for the third wicket.
Pietersen scored 37 runs off 25 balls with two fours and two huge sixes. Taylor made 31 runs off 35 deliveries with three fours.
Some late hit by Mark Boucher and Virat Kohli helped Royal Challengers to score a respectable total of 149 for the loss of seven wickets in 20 overs.
For Delhi Daredevils, Ashish Nehra was the most successful bowler with two wickets.
Chasing a victory target of 150, Delhi Daredevils also got a poor start after skipper Virender Sehwag returned to pavilion at a total of 11.
After Sehwag’s departure, Gambhir and Tillakaratne Dilshan added 31 runs for the second wicket.
Delhi Daredevils also lost wickets at regular intervals, but Dilshan continued to play his natural shots. Dilshan scored an unbeaten 67 runs off 47 balls with five fours and two sixes.
For Royal Challengers, Pankaj Singh took two wickets.
Dilshan was later declared ‘Man of the Match’ for his match-winning inning. (ANI)
- Daredevils blown away by Gayle storm, hopes alive for Royal Challengers (Lead) - May 18, 2012
- Daredevils beat Rajasthan in last ball thriller (Lead) - Apr 29, 2012
- Daredevils thrash Pune to avenge Kotla defeat (Lead) - Apr 24, 2012
- Pietersen stars in Daredevils's convincing win over Deccan Chargers (Lead) - Apr 19, 2012
- Daredevils score 152/6 against Rajsthan Royals - Apr 29, 2012
- Daredevils trounce Royals by six wickets - May 02, 2012
- Daredevils start IPL home run with big win over Super Kings (Lead) - Apr 11, 2012
- Rayudu, Pollard fashion sensational win for Mumbai Indians (Lead) - May 15, 2012
- Sehwag smashes fifth consecutive 50 in Daredevils' comprehensive win (Lead) - May 02, 2012
- Knight Riders beat Daredevils, qualify for main IPL final(lead) - May 23, 2012
- Kohli stars in Royal Challengers victory over Delhi Daredevils (Lead) - Apr 27, 2011
- Deccan Chargers hope to end losing streak against Daredevils - Apr 18, 2012
- Sehwag stars in Daredevils' 37-run win over Mumbai Indians (Lead) - Apr 28, 2012
- Delhi Daredevils thrash Mumbai Indians by seven wickets (Lead) - Apr 17, 2012
- Daredevils beat Kings XI to march into IPL play-offs (Lead) - May 16, 2012
Tags: ashish nehra, challengers, dilshan, gambhir, jacques kallis, kevin pietersen, kohli, mark boucher, natural shots, overcast conditions, premier league, robin uthappa, ross taylor, seven wickets, target, two fours, two sixes, virender, wicket, winning inning